Tags:
  1. Pharthan

Pharthan Active Member

Character Sheets and Where to Find Them

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Pharthan, Aug 25, 2017.

I'm looking to make a series of character sheets on Microsoft Outlook to help me organize characters in my book.

Are there any already out there?
    What sorts of things should I include in them?

(I was half planning on just using DnD/Pathfinder sheets, or copying them.)

If I do make a file, I'll share it here.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

why outlook ? strikes me as one of the least suitable programs for this

3. Clementine_Danger

Clementine_Danger Active Member

There are dozens fan-made versions of character sheets for every game I have ever played, even the more obscure ones. Googling [game name] + character sheet will give you plenty. What games are you making them for? What system? D20? Storyteller? Savage Worlds?

4. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

I've found that Myers Briggs
    • Is a character more asocial (I for introvert) or more social (E for extrovert)
    • Is a character more theoretical (N for intuitor) or more practical (S for sensor)
    • Is a character more insensitive (T for thinker) or more sensitive (F for feeler)
    • Is a character more disorganized (P for perceiver) or more organized (J for judger)
    and Alignment
    • Is a character extremely authoritarian (Lawful), neither extremely authoritarian nor extremely anti-authoritarian (Neutral), or extremely anti0authoritarian (Chaotic)
    • Is a character extremely moral (Good), neither extremely moral nor extremely immoral (Neutral), or extremely immoral (Evil)
    Are the only "character sheet" I really need ;)

I'm a Chaotic Neutral INTP, the first-person peripheral narrator of my WIP is a Lawful Evil ESFP, and the main character is a Neutral Evil ISTJ.

That's a lot of information to pack into such a short identification:
    • Neither my narrator not I are saints and we're both disorganized, but I'm anti-authoritarian and my narrator is authoritarian, I'm not a sociopath and my narrator is, I'm asocial and my narrator is social, I'm theoretical and he's practical, and I'm insensitive while he's sensitive.
    • Neither my main character nor I are obsessed with rules, neither of us are saints, and we're both asocial and insensitive, but I'm extremely anti-authoritarian and she's more ambivalent, I'm not a sociopath and she is, I'm theoretical and she's practical, and I'm disorganized while she's organized.
    • Both my narrator and my main character are comfortable with rules, both are sociopaths, and both are practical, but he's completely authoritarian while she's more ambivalent, he's social and she's asocial, he's sensitive and she's insensitive, and he's disorganized while she's organized.
    I have a chart of 31 characters from 4 stories categorized by Alignment and Myers-Briggs, and I can instantly tell at a glance how every single one of them is similar and different from all of the others :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    frostedfields likes this.
  5. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

Do an image search for character sheet, look at millions, go to the sites that have ones you like.

M Phillip and Simpson17866 like this.
  6. Pharthan

Pharthan Active Member

I should have specified:

This is for my book. I want to keep my characters cleanly organized.

The MBTI was something I was planning on including. The universe I'm working in has it's own version of MBTI which I was also going to use.

Because I can do all sorts of in-program linking to my outlines and other outlook stuff I'm planning to make up. Ease of organization, ultimately.

Sure, but I was also (and should have specified) looking for aspects that people found useful to have.