Chatbox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lessa

lessa New Member

I guess since you sound so happy that it wouldn't be possible to chain you to a desk chair so you have to stay?
    just a thought.
    When we travel I have a really hard time not having the internet so I don't understand how you can be without it for weeks or even days.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well you could try lessa but I am really looking forward to having some quality time with just me and my children and myself when they are sleeping and not coming online. I am using this time to catch up on lost sleep as welll and to veg out wtching movies.

It won't be easy to go without really. I will miss talking with my friends online and chatting to them when I can't sleep, but I will be back every 3-5 days to chat with everyone for one night then off again.

Also to check emails.....

3. lessa

lessa New Member

You go and have a great relaxing time. I understand wanting to spend time with your angels. They need you we just want you.
    Come back rested and relaxed and ready to be turned looney all over again.

4. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Good morning, everyone! :)

Great to see the chatbox back!

5. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Yoy could all wish me a gloomy birthday :-D

6. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

With jasmine tea *bats eyelashes*

7. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Happy Birthday!!!

Wishing you a fantastic day! :)

8. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Thankyou it's been good but 7.40 pm almost over now ><

9. Torana

Thanks lessa and I surely will have a most wonderful time. I am hoping that I will be able to finish my short story at least while I am away and work on my novel as well. Plus my poetry book...so much to do!!!!

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Sounds good Tor. All the best with that poem book. Its long over due now. ;)

11. Torana

I leave tomorrow :( I am going to go insane without you all......someone get the chains and padlocks now before I get dragged away tomorrow!!!!!

<hides under rock> I'm never coming out again!

12. Raven

Raven Banned

You'll be fine.

Besides we'll all still be here ;)

13. lessa

lessa New Member

you had better or would laugh like you do at the things your angels do.
    I will have to go and drag you kicking and screaming out of there if you don't get your packing done and go away to have a wonderful time.
    Now out from under the rock.
    It will be there when you get back.
    May even be cleaned up a bit for you.

14. Torana

But....but...I'm actually damn petrified of living on my own to be honest. Never have before. I am literally petrified of it.........

15. lessa

lessa New Member

You are not alone.
    You have your angels with you.
    and you have us here to call on for help at any time.
    You can do it. Trust me. You are stronger than you think, and when you are not strong think of your children. They are really your strength and you know it.
    luv and hugs for all 3 of you.

16. Torana

Yeah I know lessa but I'll not have internet for 3 weeks there and I am scared stiff about living with just me and my children.
    I've put it off for so long out of fear. This is such a huge step and I know I have to take it....just petrified to take it really!!

Thank you so much both of you for the words of support. I know I can count on you both for support :) you really are great FRIENDS!!

luv and big hugs :)

17. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Hey everyone!
    What are we talking about?

18. lessa

lessa New Member

Go to a library and use the internet. or find a motel with wireless and sit outside and use theirs. Gas and variety stores have internet set ups around here use theirs. Make a friend of someone close with internet. Maybe a neighbour has wireless and is not shielding it or what ever and you can use it from your laptop.
    Lots of ways to stay in touch. You are not alone, and I do know you are scared but you will succeed. Just know it in my bones.
    When you start to feel overwhelmed take a look at your kids and sit down and take a deep breath. Take 2 or 3 and get back at it.
    Every time you get over a hurdle give yourself a pat on the back or think of me giving you a hug. You know I am in your corner even if I am not there to be there physically. Keep a running commentary and when you get back you can either read it and delete it or you can post it so we can all see what you have done.
    You may make a few mistakes but if you don't make them you will not have tried. If you don't try you won't succeed. If you don't succeed you will stagnate and that is something you don't want either for yourself or your children.
    Just ask Dom how I push and push to get people moving in the right direction.
    I did it to him and he is doing fine without me now. But a few years ago it was a different Dom. I like the new one, much as I miss the little twerp.
    I like you so I will push. Sorry just the mother in me.

1 person likes this.
  19. Torana

Awww thakn you so much lessa you really are such a wonderful person. But where I am staying there is no net unless I come into town....till I get mine up and running.

I will be ok after a week of getting use to it I spose. I really appreciate the advice though. It will greatly help me out.

It will help that my friend is staying with us a few days too....alays nice the first time you are on your own in your own place to have company lol :p

baby steps :p lol and thank you lessa, it is nice to have a mothers adivce and support with this!

20. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Torana after unexpectedly not having internet access for a while, believe me the first few days are the worst, but then its easy. If you can survive the first 4 days, you'll do fine. Try to keep yourself busy, with children this should be doable.
    And we're all rooting for you, so remember there will always be pleasant conversations and random insanity waiting for you no matter how long you are gone.

21. lessa

lessa New Member

after food, phone, shelter internet is the next expense.
    Just heard from Dom and I left him a bunch of instructions. I think he must wonder if he ever really left home. Well except for the language issue when he steps away from his computer. I am always still telling him what to do.
    I just have this habit of saying what I think before I stop to think and it is usually advice.
    What the heck I am too old to change and I like giving advice. Just rarely take it.
    but isn't that always the way.

22. lessa

lessa New Member

one story down and posted.
    only a few dozen more to go.
    Don is night shift this week so will have lots of time to write them.
    Hope it will be a productive week.
    Also have to go and pour some more ceramics since I finished painting all I had done.
    Hope the roads and sidewalks don't freeze, or I will really be housebound and that is not much fun.

23. Torana

awwwwww you are both so very kind to me. I'd be lost without everyone on here sometimes. You help me out so much. Really feels like a family here...I am already having withdrawels and missing you all and I'm still here <cries>

24. lessa

lessa New Member

Torana, are your angels looking forward to this move?
    Look on it as an adventure with the treasure at the end.
    The treasure is a new found independence and the adventure is finding it.
    Children love adventures so pretend you are a child again and enjoy it.
    I love moving to new places and new experiences. Better like it We moved 13 times in 4 years when I first met and married. Have stayed here for 23 years but when the mines close next year we are off on another adventure. Getting kind of old for changing jobs but what the heck. You only live once. Thank god.

25. Torana

Yes you are right they are and it is an adventure that is for sure.

DOm thanks for the heads up too by the way.

Well I hate moving. But this time tis just me and my children not their father. New beginings aye. Bout time I had one I think....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.