1. Shreddinger

Shreddinger New Member

Cheers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shreddinger, Nov 30, 2016.

Honestly, I hate introductions.
    I can't stand saying things about me, because I feel like: who cares?
    Well then: Let's start with this: I'm a polish-german .... well .... person, programmer, artist, musician, writer, freerunner and some other things you probably don't want to hear, and in my free time, destroyer of worlds.
    I like istening to progressive Deathcore while making my characters suffer, it creates a lot of distance between me and these figures.
    After having spent some time on a german writing forum I started looking for another one, since that one simply died out. At that time, I thought to myself: Why not raise the bar higher? English forums are known to be visited more frequently so I might get what I'm looking for: Exchange of information and knowledge, improving my abilities and maybe share a bit of that 6 year writing experience I got.
    Yes, that might be not much time, especially given my age (19), but at least I know how it's like smashing your head against the wall, not knowing where to go ;)
    cheers,
    Shreddinger

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Hello, and welcome to Forum. Or if you prefer the Madhouse. :supergrin:

Never heard of Prog Deathcore. Though to be fair I gave up on subgenres in Metal, there are something like 50 at this point.:supergrin:
    I think you will find that many here try to make their characters miserable in some fashion or another. (Some more than others.)

I hope you will stick around here, as you may find a fair amount of regulars are pleasant and helpful individuals.:supersmile:
    (And a few of us are a psyche eval away from wearing straight jackets.):supergrin:

Good luck with your works, and I will C-ya around the forum. :supersmile:
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

3. Shreddinger

Shreddinger New Member

Hehe :p
    I've been in said forum for almost 2 years before things went bad, so I guess I will have plenty of time here ;)
    Prog Deathcore represents a small amount of bands (2 actually) that are somewhere between progressive death metal (like let's say Within the ruins) and Deathcore. Most notable (and only) representatives are: Shokran(from russia) and Slice the Cake (international, disbanded). Both have a tendency for spiritual influences (Shokran uses themes from the bible, their 2nd album is titled "Exodus") and face-melting guitar riffs :D

4. Cave Troll

I will have to say that Russian Death Metal is a guilty pleasure. :p

Though as I have gotten older I have traversed the music universe in
    a constant search for new things outside of Metal. That how ever
    does not make me any less of a Metal Head. Nerve Cell is a Death Metal
    band out of the Middle East, and are similar to Nile. Arsames is good DM
    band out of Iran.

I think between all the Metal, Industrial, Cyber-Goth, and Hybrid stuff
    I have heard virtually from every corner of the planet, that the music
    universe has shown me in my traversing it. :)

5. Shreddinger

Shreddinger New Member

Have you heard of Persefone? They're the only metal band from Andorra and they play a godlike mix of progressive and death metal.
    I am constantly looking for new bands and the "ultimate" sound, something that will finally bring together classical music and metal. But not just metal interpretations of classical music, and not just an orchestra playing along, more like a "metal opera". The closest thing to that might be Ayreon, but that's still not a fusion.

6. Denegroth

Denegroth Banned

Good to see you. We won't bite...much.

7. Cave Troll

I have one Persofone's albums on a playlist.

As for Opera Metal. I think these two would kinda fall into that category.

8. Shreddinger

Shreddinger New Member

Nope, both are quite standard Symphonic Metal. As I said, Ayreon comes close to it, as it is an actual story several voices in it. Another example that gets pretty close would be Imaginaerum by Nightwish. They've always been at the top when it comes to mix classical and metal, but they either take entire motives from classical composers or use the harmonic minor scale which sounds classical, but there's more to it. Classical progressions sound very different from what they use in any genre today.

EDIT: Actually, Dan Mumm uses classical music theory in his works:

Give it a try and you will see it sounds very different and is actually almost stressful to listen to.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. S~A~W

S~A~W Banned

Hi. Welcome. I see this is jumping off into a "crash the thread" -fest.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  10. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site!
    Me too! We should get together and find the other people like – wait a minute.
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!
    I have a few bands that I listen to regularly to semi-regularly.

None of them hold a candle to Within Temptation ;)

Cave Troll likes this.