1. Anne Allerelli

Anne Allerelli New Member

finding a literary agent

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by Anne Allerelli, Oct 15, 2012.

hi everyone.

I been looking to find a literary agent,but almost everyone has the same criteria, poststamp from the us if the agent is there and so on. My problem is i live in Denmark, and here i don't want to publish my book, so i wrote it in english, and getting it checked over by friends of mine that talk, read and spell english perfektly so i have no errors in it. But do any off you know what to do if your a foreigner? It not the topic thats been writing most about!

regards Anne

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can get published in the uk or us no matter where you live... it's done all the time... and agents get queries/submissions from other countries all the time, so i don't know why you think you have to send them only from the us...

all you need do is make sure you include an international reply coupon with your self-addressed-envelope...
    http://www.upu.int/en/activities/international-reply-coupons/about-irc.html

so, don't let being a dane stop you!

love and hugs, maia

3. JQJohnson

JQJohnson New Member

Nowadays, quite a few literary agents accept email queries, which would save you shipping costs. In fact, some agents are going totally digital now, and no longer accept snail mail queries. You might want to start with the agents that take email queries. I'm sure you've thought of this already, but I'll say it anyway, make sure your English checkers go over your query letters as well.