Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarmaladeQueen

MarmaladeQueen New Member

Chronic problems posting new threads

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MarmaladeQueen, Sep 5, 2011.

I know that we should be grateful that we have this site at all, and I'm sure the owners and administrators put a lot of their own time into it gratis. BUT I am so fed up of my status keeping reverting to "may not post new threads." I've been a member for over a month, I have done quite a few critiques, amny of which I have put in over an hour of my time to do. Sometimes my status goes to "may post new threads" but then it reverts to "may not post new threads". I've emailed the adminstrators but not had a reply. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug with the site, or is it something that I'm doing wrong?

2. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

It's either your not posting enough in your reviews (i did the same thing, im currently fixing it) or a site bug that has been pretty common lately so they know the problem is something they should fix. Don't worry, Daniel is pretty good at these things.

3. MarmaladeQueen

MarmaladeQueen New Member

I can't see that I'm not posting enough in my reviews. Some of them are brief, but many are comprehensive reviews that I spend as much as 2 hours on.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Even if your reviews were too short, it wouldn't automatically bar you from posting.

I can't see any legitimate reason why you can't post. There have been reports of a bug on the system like this lately, and all I can do is recommend you let Daniel know, and try again a bit later. It seems to be somewhat intermittent.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This thread already exists in Suggestions and Feedback. It is not something that should be posted in the Lounge, and in the other thread I already asked people not to create new threads on it. Please contact Daniel via PM, but only if you are sure you have posted at least twice as many critiques as you have created threads, and met the other requirements as well.

Please don't guess. Be prepared to tell Daniel exactly how many critiques you have posted (posts in your own threads do not count!), and how many threads you have created in the Writing Workshop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.