1. Christian4ever

Christian4ever New Member

Citation Assistance

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Christian4ever, Jun 14, 2018.

Hello everyone! I had a quick question concerning citation in Chicago format. I am blessed to be ending the book writing process and have now proceeded to formatting the notes section at the end of the book. In one section, I have used the same source 105 times (this is for just a section of the book, not overall). Do I really have to put ibid 105 times or can I put some other kind of abbreviation such as ibid notes 10-105? Thank you so very much for your time and assistance! God bless

2. BayView

BayView Contributor Contributor

I'd be concerned that you're over-relying on a single source, if this is meant to be a scholarly work you're producing. Are there other sources you could use in order to break up the ibids?

3. Christian4ever

Christian4ever New Member

Hi:) I have over 80+ sources overall for the entire work, but certain subjects only have one or two sources available. Have over 1000+ citations overall in the entire book. I think I may just establish that the notes say from 10-105 are from the same source. Like Ibid (notes 10-105) Thank you for the time and help! God bless

4. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Member Supporter

Well, you have to put something. What you might do is use page numbers instead of ibid. At least that way you don't get ibid repeating, because I know what you mean. It will look weird having pages of ibid, ibid, ibid . . . . Use the page numbers and it'll all wrap up into the first note (The number 8 below. I couldn't figure out how to superscript on this board, sorry. I'll just make it red.) That way you just drop the first note in with a number and the others (green here) get tagged in the text with the page number. So you avoid the extra notes.