1. Anynameyouwish

Anynameyouwish New Member

Climbing back on the wagon...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Anynameyouwish, May 19, 2017.

I couldn't come up with a name so I picked the first thing that came to my attention. I use to write a lot. I was an avid reader. I was working on fiction and nonfiction, I was writing for a woman's advice column and really climbing but about 3yrs ago I had a bad reaction to a muscle relaxer, it appearently relaxed my heart a bit more than it was suppose to which lead to oxygen deprivation... bla bla bla and my writing career came to a screeching halt and I couldn't get through a paragraph without rereading it 5 times so my office of books became a ghost of dusty gray souls, trapped. Anyways, the dr suggested I had a learning disability and I refused to let that be the case so I went back to college, started from the bottom and worked my way back up the know-how ladder. I still struggle with reading and writing but after 2 years of writing essays and scraping knowledge out of text books I'm no longer in the brain fog that I was once in. Now I'm reaching out trying to find a little support in the things that once made me happy and desire to make me happy again. And looking forward to NaNoWriMo for the time in over 3yrs. I know it's not till November but I'm finally looking forward to it and that's something I've been really missing.

Oh and I'm Kay, not quite 40yo single mom of a teen and tween living in the Pacific NW (Oregon), outdoor adventurer, Netflix surfer, working towards a MAT and foodie on a hobby farm.

2. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Welcome!

While having to do with depression and my medicine against it, I can somewhat relate to your story. I used to read and write all the time (though not professional, which sounds exiting), but it all ended and I still have issues with my concentration, even if it's getting better.

I think writing is good for several reason, and it's probably good of you to start it up again! I hope you'll be able to keep it up, and it's nice that you're having a goal with NaNoWriMo. It's certainly not for everyone, but I know a lot of people enjoy that time of year!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll settle in here. Most people are friendly and supportive, and as you get into the game more there is a forum for getting critiques.

3. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

Welcome to the forum. You have my deepest respect for showing such strength and determination in the face of adversity.

I very much look forward to reading your work.

4. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Welcome to the forum :)