Tags:
  1. Iei

Iei New Member

Clothing

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Iei, May 27, 2020.

Heya! I'm new here, so I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask this (or is this even how you do it).

May I know what this guy is wearing? I'm not asking "how" you would describe it, but simply what it is. I've always had a terrible fashion sense and I wanted to try to show my character, Ethan's, personality through his clothes. Here's the pic:
    [​IMG]

That is all, thank you!!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

What he's wearing? A burgundy jumper (sweater) with a button-down long-sleeve underneath, navy trousers and brown oxfords.

Cave Troll and Iei like this.
  3. Iei

Iei New Member

Thank you!

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Light blue button-down shirt, Polo sweater and narrow casual slacks. I don't know what to call the shoes. And technically Polo is a brand and that isn't actually a Polo, but like Coke and Kleenex the brand has become a generic term for anything in the same general category.

Double-sniped... :nosleep:

Iei likes this.
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

what wrey said - also if you have terrible fashion sense trying to write a very smooth fashionista character is a bad idea unless you do a bunch of research.

Another point is that even in a fashionable character its not necessary to describe every item of clothing.. for example when john sandford says of lucas davenport that "his eyes, shirt and ferragamo tie were tangled in a fashionable blue vibration" he tells us that hes fashionably dressed far more effectively that if he details suit, shirt, tie, pants, shoes etc.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

in the UK Polo means polo neck and implies a round neck (what american's call a turtleneck) - matey there is wearing a vee neck

Xoic likes this.