1. solarstarrkatt

solarstarrkatt New Member

The Ending Game!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by solarstarrkatt, Jun 1, 2010.

Basically, we take the endings we didn't like (or we did, :O) and redo them.

For Example:
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
    New Ending: Edward lets Bella become a vampire.

*If the book you're posting is a sequel and someone has done the prequel, you do not have to use the new ending for a base if you don't want to* Like if I change Hunger Games and make Katniss and Peeta switch genders, you can do Catching Fire like how it would be if I didn't do that.

I go:
    Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
    New Ending: Katniss never played the "I'm in love with Peeta!" card, so she wins the Hunger Games without him.

No member may post more than once per ten-post page

2. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Avatar ended with all the natives holding hands and singing, content to live close to nature.

Instead it should have ended like this:

Neytiri: We've defeated the humans! Let's hold hands and sing!
    Other Na'vi: No! Let's scavenge for their weapons, so we can blast their behinds if they ever land here again!
    Yet another Na'vi: And learn their technology, so we can get something better to live in than these trees!
    Jake: Huh? That's not what I wanted!
    Other Na'vi: Of course it is! You're a Na'vi now! The humans are your enemies!
    Jake: You're right! Let's show them how the technology works, guys!
    (cheering and singing)

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Looks fun. Let me try.

"Harry Potter"

(11-year-old Harry suddenly bolts upright in his bed, taking deep gasp of breaths. It takes him a while to realize he's at the Dursley's. Dudley enters, looking very worried)

Dudley: Hey, you okay, mate?

Harry: No. I had a very terrifying dream. You and your parents were child abusers, an evil, demonic warlock was after me, and I had a scar that caused me intense pain. By the way, I was a wizard! Attending a school for wizards and witches!

Dudley: Damn. Maybe D&D isn't for you...

Harry: Obviously not. I mean, the warlock kills my parents. They died in a car crash! It's that obvious!

Dudley: Well, it's just a dream, Harry. Don't think too much of it. (He turns to leave, but stops) Oh, almost forgot, Harry, football game this afternoon. Ready for it?

Harry: As I'll ever be.

Dudley and Harry: (Together) GO [insert name of football team in the UK]!!

4. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Lol! :D

5. Thog

Thog New Member

Instead of:

Hello man behind the curtain, we shall instantly forgive you for frightening us with that whole disembodied head and pyrotechnic act and then tricking us into killing you enemy. Why thank you for these really shoddy gifts. Also the occupants of your city will be in no way annoyed that you have been conning them for I don’t know, how many years.

Hello nice Witch. You mean I could have gone home at any time? Don’t worry, I shall not be in the least bit angry that you didn’t tell me this earlier.

Wizard of Oz should have ending with...

Dorothy throwing a bucket of water over Glenda, killing her. The citizens of Emerald City form an angry mob - led by the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Man and the Scarecrow - and run the wizard out of town.

6. JodieLK

JodieLK New Member

Okay so Titanic.
    I get that it's real life and that people did die and I totally and utterly understand it and respect it. What I don't understand is the ending ala Jack dying. It should have ended with...

Rose: Hey Jack?
    Jack: Yeah?
    Rose: I have an idea. Instead of me hogging this massive wooden board thing, why don't we both share it so that you don't freeze to death in the icy waters of the Atlantic?
    Jack: Hey, that's a great idea. It would mean people use way less Kleenex if i just do the smart thing and get you to move over and stop myself from dying.
    Rose: Yeah. The whole 'I'll never let go' thing was a bit pointless as well. 'Cos like two seconds later, I do. I mean I get the whole metaphor thing, but still, it's weird.
    Jack: Yep. Right, now we're both on the board and I'm not going to die. Way less sad. Might not win JC as many Oscars though.
    Rose: Oh well. At least now viewers won't be shouting 'Move over fat ass' at me when they watch the movie.
    Jack: Totally.

7. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I'm gonna try....Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!

Butch: Let's go to Argentina, fellas!

Cassidy: Swell! Oh, and Butch? Since we're doing this to escape the law in the States and live like free men, can we not commit crimes in Argentina?

Butch: But how we gonna get the money?

Cassidy: Gee, I don't know. How about getting a job? I'm sure there are plenty of ranchers in Argentina that wouldn't mind a few extra helpers.

Butch: Sounds like a plan, Cassidy! Let's get this fair lass up and outta bed and we'll be in Argentina before next winter!