Tags:
  1. PixelOwl

PixelOwl Member

Come on, titles are the hardest part!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PixelOwl, Dec 4, 2017.

Hey, all and any who stop by! I'm PixelOwl but you can call me Po or Pixel or Elliott, it's all good. It's been a long time since I've been in a forum but it's slowly coming back to me.

Long story short, I'm here to have a good time and stay accountable. I've decided to do a 31-day novel writing challenge, like NaNoWriMo, but starting on December 3rd, simply because that's when I finished with all my prepwork.

As a writer, I typically write speculative fiction or queer romance--being queer myself--and often blend the two. I've dabbled in short stories and poetry--and fanfiction--but my true home is the novel, and so most of my projects are quite lengthy. I've been writing since I was 8 and feel like it's my true calling, my purpose in life. Starting January 3rd, I'm going to university for a degree in creative writing, which has me excited and nervous all at once.

As a human being, there's not much more to say. I like books, video games, and the occasional movie. I tend to lurk on the internet a lot, too, though I also enjoy making friends where I can.

So anyways, how are you? Who are you? I'm excited to get to know some other writers, since my irl writing circle is... somewhat limited.

itsmickib likes this.
  2. itsmickib

itsmickib Member

Welcome fellow newbie! Hope you have a good time here.:supersmile:

3. PixelOwl

PixelOwl Member

Kinda wanted to bump this and let everyone know I'm tentatively back for the time being, didn't think that was worth starting a new thread. So, hi again. I'm hoping to be a bit more regularly active this time around.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  4. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hi there, and nice to meet you! I have some issues at writing in English, and my style of writing is more instinctive that planned. I would like to read sometime a story about romance to get the basics about it, since I have never written something dedicated to it- I put romance just seldom on my drafts, being a kinda dramatic sort of writer - and, unfortunately, can't stand too much poetry by the moment. Are you still on your university? Hope the best of lucks there. And feel free to discuss and participate wherever you like around.. I have learned a lot in a very short time, thanks to that. Be well :)