Confessions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by O.M. Hillside, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Unless suddenly we hear of a Hiddleston poster appearing above your bed, I'm sure Mrs. A has nothing to worry about. ;-)

ETA: OMG I just flashed on a memory of some kid I knew in school who put a poster of someone above his bed and it fell down in the middle of the night and scared the hell out of him. Heather Locklear it might have been. Hilarious!

flawed personality likes this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Or Heather Thomas.

I had all of her posters...

Shenanigator likes this.
  3. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

I haven't had a girlfriend in half a year now. I really need to crawl out of my cave and find someone new.

4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Why?

5. O.M. Hillside

Which one?

6. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Do it.

7. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Both. Not to minimalize people that go out and have girlfriends, but both going out and having girlfriends is a lot of work with very little pay off if neither one is something you have any great desire to do and the only reason you're doing it is to fit societal norms or not disappoint people, etc.

Shenanigator likes this.
  8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

This is especially true if you are married :superlaugh:

9. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    ...may they never meet!

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  10. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

For as long as I remember, I've picked my skin, bringing the blood. A few years ago I found out (from the internet) that that's actually called dermatillomania.
    I've never been formally diagnosed with it, and I've never went to see anyone for it, but I'm pretty sure that's what I have.
    I don't think I would consider myself severe in the slightest, but I do have some scars from it, which I really hate.
    Everyone tells me to just stop picking, but I can't. I wish they would realize that. It's not even something I do when I'm just nervous. Yeah, I do do it when I'm nervous, but I also do it when I'm not. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I've always done it, and I'll probably always do it. I've accepted that.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Shenanigator and O.M. Hillside like this.
  11. O.M. Hillside

Yikes. As a fellow (former) severe acne-ed individual, I understand the temptation to do that. My parents knew I would have acne when I was a kid so they kind of hammered it into me to not pick at all otherwise I'll scar. I had my mom as living proof of that, so I was like okay I'm just not going to do that. I think it's psychological, so if I were you, I'd consider seeing someone because they can probably help you with that. And if you get that fixed, there are ways to get rid of acne scars (my mom is living proof of that, too). So, don't just accept it. Try and fight it. Don't go gently into that good night, rage! Rage against the scarring of the... face. Okay, I'm leaving now.

12. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

My acne picking is probably the most noticeable, but it actually started way before I ever had acne. My fingers are usually what I pick the most, and any scrape or cut I get, well, that's prone to being picked too. It doesn't really matter where it is.
    I slid on ice and fell down probably a month ago, and really scraped up my knee and hand and two of my fingers. (I had to land weird to not break my phone. Fortunately, it was okay) Other then the initial pain that felt like the ice I landed on, one of my first thoughts was "Great, now I scrapes everywhere. At least one of them will probably get picked." I kept band aids on my hand and fingers, and those healed rather quickly, but the one scrape on my knee I picked because I couldn't get the band aid to stay there, and now there's a scar.
    I also had a, I don't even know what it was, I think it started out as acne. Anyways, it was on my arm, just one little bump, and I picked it. I picked it for probably a year. That scar is faint and not really noticeable for some reason (which is good) but one year, come on. I think that's kind of when I realized I have an actual problem.

13. SkinnyPuppy

SkinnyPuppy Contributor Contributor

I admit that I have hate in my heart....I absolutely hate going trick or treating only to discover that I am the proud recipient of a caramel covered onion.

14. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Great username!

SkinnyPuppy likes this.
  15. Kristen the Free Spirit

Kristen the Free Spirit Member

I'm addicted to McDonald's frappes. They make me "frappy." I get cranky when I don't have them. Also, I am starting to hate my job, even though it is one of the most laid back places I could possibly work. I am just getting back into writing again after taking a long break. For the past couple of years I would spend the late hours of the night, playing video games and being completely unproductive.

16. SkinnyPuppy

SkinnyPuppy Contributor Contributor

Frappyness....sprinkle that shit everywhere. :)

17. awkwarddragon

awkwarddragon Member

I usually don't post or interact with members of a community because of my shyness - I tend to lurk and privately agree or disagree with a post. To force myself out of that zone, I made an account with this site in hopes that conversing will help me better communicate both online and in-person. Wishful thinking, the cynic in me says, but a step forward, I say.

18. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I just saw the funniest and mortifying gif ever.

WTF Japan? A nurse pulled open her uniform, and katana
    blades shot out of her nipples.
    (Forum policy will not allow me to share the gif, not that you
    want to see it anyway). :confuzled:

Shenanigator and O.M. Hillside like this.
  19. Methanogen

Methanogen Member

I have several confessions.

1. I spent more time writing online in a community sort of thing than I have in actual writing projects.
    2. I have a bad habit of biting my nails way too much. I should stop that.
    3. I once started a story with the words "It was a dark and stormy night" without realising that was cliche. I honestly thought of it myself.
    4. I can be a bit unemotional at times.
    5. I'm lazy.
    6. I have potential in a lot of areas but I never exploit it to its fullest.
    7. It's been months since I've actually read a book.

20. O.M. Hillside

I absolutely want to see that, are you kidding? PM me that pronto!

21. ghostkisses

ghostkisses Member

Once, when I was 10 or so, we had an English creative story writing assignment. I had mega writing block, I sat there trying to think of something, anything to write, but nothing came.

Eventually, something came to me. I had it! My inspiration! I eagerly grabbed my pen and began writing these words:

"Oh, Josh! Yes, yes! Right there, right there! Ohhh goooooood..."

What?! I thought they wouldn't notice what was going on - I never explicitly said! They were just making some sounds with their mouths! For all you know Josh could be a very nice man helping with this woman's interior decorating, and she's directing him where to put her beautiful, new designer couch! You don't know anything!

Seconds afterwards, we're asked to turn in our papers. Needless to say, I did not turn my story in...

(I'd like to confirm that NO, I was not planning on that being the entire story. There was much less touch-y feel-y story to follow, but I was just, you know... Setting the scene.) *eyebrow wiggle*

...Okay, I'm scurrying away now. Ta-ta!

22. Magus

Magus Banned

I pick my nose often, and have partaken in eating the contents in the past. I was so ashamed that I stopped indulging in the oral aspect and now just enjoy digging for gold when I'm alone. I see nothing wrong with it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't ashamed.

I also admit to lying about not eating the nuggets anymore, I do it often. I've tried to cut back, but it's just so rewarding. I'm sick....My names Magus and I'm a boogerholic

23. O.M. Hillside

Props on this actually being a confession, assuming you're telling the truth. But nonetheless, that is pretty damn disgusting.

24. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I once flicked a bogey out of the drivers window, the slip stream brought it back in the back window and it stuck in my then boss's hair ... awkward, should someone tell her before our appointment

Cave Troll and Magus like this.
  25. Magus

Magus Banned

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I’m an easy target. Yeah, you’re right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you… but I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I’m not changing. I like… I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. ‘Cause I’m the real article. What you see is what you get.

Oh...that's a thick one...rhmmmm