1. Jefferson27

Jefferson27 New Member

Author Bio

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Jefferson27, Jul 16, 2011.

This is in relation to putting my novel Identity through ebookit onto Amazon(Kindle), Kobo(Borders), Barnes and Noble(Nook). On a similar note as the book description, there is the section of the "author Bio". Currently I have a general description of myself there now, but am wondering if there is something in particular that I should include.

Is it as prominently displayed on sites that sell ebooks. Is it nearly as important as the book description?
    Mostly I am wondering if it matters to put in intricate or specific details about myself. What do people look for and like in that area?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

I suggest only putting in what you want the reader to know. I wouldn't include anything too personal, but you could put in things like what inspired you to write, when you started writing, etc.

Go to your local library and bookstore. Check the books that have an author's bio in the back for research.

3. Jefferson27

Jefferson27 New Member

Thank You for the advice. I figured it would be straightforward, putting in the basics mostly.
    I do recall however, someone making the point how information about the author is important to selling books. Although I believe they were referring more to an author's website as an avenue to selling their books. I'd imagine people are more interested in what and how the author writes than the author themselves, although an interesting author sure would not hurt.

Just trying to be thorough. Thank you for the reply.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This is not writing posted for critique, so I have moved it out of the Writing Workshop.