1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Its christmas!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, Dec 19, 2009.

6 days till Christmas guys and gals (or it is in england, time differences may add or take a day.) So, what have you asked Santa for this year?

Fantasy Girl xx

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I asked Santa for a ton of workout equipment, but I don't think I'll actually end up getting any of it. This probably isn't a bad thing, though, since I live in my mother-in-law's house and have very little room for things like workout equipment.

3. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I asked Santa for a new guitar. An Acoustic/Electric one.
    So I put on my Santa hat and went to the store. Got my eyes on a nice Martin. :)

4. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

i'm asking santa for a decent career... don't let me down santa!!!!

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I aked for a new iPod. :D I feel guilty, but my mom was like "You should get a new one! The one that shoots video! It'll be your big gift!" (In our house, we each get 1 "big", aka expensive, gift--or sometimes we 3 all share one, like the Wii.) So I was like, what the heck, it's the season of giving. ;)

6. afinemess

afinemess Active Member

I asked for a kitten. I'll probably get a food processor so I can feed these males I live with.

7. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I asked for some nice, SkullCandy DJ-esque headphones that go over the ears instead of in, because I get ear-infections a lot, and the in-ear headphones are probably not a good idea.

And money for college, as much money as Santa can part with. :)

8. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I asked my brother for a cd from the extreme metal band Bloodbath. He laughed, and I'm pretty sure he delivered. I asked Santa for a shutout from the Monster against the Bruins tonight. In Christmas miracle fashion, he delivered.

9. Coldwriter

Coldwriter New Member

Some say in an idealistic bubble they cant wait to
    A Mac

Bye PC land....

10. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Just to receive the final payment we're owed--it should have been in the bank two months ago after my husband completed the project. That would cheer us up no end. Hadn't thought of roping in Santa to help...

11. widexawake22

widexawake22 New Member

i asked for some Enter Shikari gear. it seems like each year they get 10 times bigger in the states. im hoping for a video camera and a few games for my 360, but theres not that much money to be spread around this season for my family.

12. breakingwave

breakingwave New Member

Merry Christmas Everybody!
    Well my sign in says its only been two weeks since I last stopped by to do some reading but it feels longer. I have been busy doing the holiday stuff and my friend got me started on this wacky thing called farmtown and I have almost completed 45 levels in a little over 3 weeks so I guess you can say Ive been down on the farm.

I have missed everybody's creativity and reading all of your stories so after the holidays I'll be back and who knows maybe I'll even get to present a story myself.( hint hint Mr. Cogito)

I just wanted to make sure I wished everyone here the happiest of holidays and tell you how much I missed you all. I don't think it takes long to feel like family.

See you in the New Year so in the meantime, have lots of cheer!
    Linda

PS: I want Santa to bring my husband a long term full time job.

13. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I asked for the same thing I ask for every year since I was 6. An argument free Christmas. I won't hold my breath...

14. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Take a look at Denny Zager's line of Martin-Sigma guitars.

http://www.zagerguitar.com/

They cost half as much as a Martin, yet they play and sound exactly the same. Martin manufacturers them, using all the same wood, electronics and finish of their brand name guitars. Denny does a profesional setup and fret dressing. The action is low and fast while the tone is classic Martin. I was very surprised at the electronics. The sustain is unbelievable. I play my Zager ZAD80CE (single cutaway) more than my Martin, Guilds, Fenders or Gibsons. Even used it for some recording.

15. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

!!??
    I didnt realize they were big enough to even have gear, lol. :D
    ...I listen to "Johnny Sniper" and "Sorry, You're Not a Winner" almost daily.

As for me, Christmas came a little prematurely this year. On Sunday, my mother's side of the family got together. I got a bit of money, which has happily been transferred into my bank account.
    I also still have about $200 worth of euros that I havent exchanged yet. I was waiting for the dollar to gain a little more strength, but I dont imagine it will work out like that. Hello, money. :)

16. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

Apparantly, the average time for an argument on Christmas day is 10:15am.
    We're gonna try & not argue until after then, then that means we argue less on Christmas day than most people lol.

xxx

17. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Ok, that's hilarious. I'm going to observe my family and see what time we start to argue. ;)

18. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Workout equipment, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Personalized dog tags, Skull Candy DJ Headphones, and other random teenaged stuff :D

19. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

The Skull Candy headphones look really cool. I've asked for some myself.

20. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Heh, Ashleigh has skullcandy headphones, and loves them :)

21. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I don't know actually... I never really ask for stuff, I just get things people think I'm gonna like. I'll wait a few years with asking what I really want, so I actually might get it. :p Hmm, no, I always wanted a music box. A REAL one. With a little ballet dance turning around when you open the box... *sighs*

22. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

A new telly for me, please. 19" or 22", HD-ready with freeview and all that jazz would be great. Just so I can get a PS3 for my 21st in March and have a telly able to play it and also a telly which can get a signal (I've not been able to watch TV in my room for almost a year, and I'd quite like to).

23. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I never ask for anything. Except for cashmere socks, my oldest son made me tell him something. :rolleyes:

I just want my children here with me. This has been a hard year, economically speaking, and I know my family has been hit hard by it. Gifts aren't something we can all give comfortably so we have decided to simply make a favorite dish and bring it to the table. The gifts are just a thing, it's the love and laughter that matters most. :)

24. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Just decent enoguh weather so I can get to the movie theatre on the 25th.

25. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

I want for nothing material, so I tell my family to give me things that someone else might enjoy. Then, I give them to my favorite charities. It makes me feel good about Christmas.

An interesting side bar...I used to give a lot of used and new donations to the Salvation Army. Last year, I tried to purchase used books for some kids and the Salvation Army would not give me any discount on them. I asked for a 50% discount so I could buy twice as many books. I asked what happens to the books that do not get sold and they told me "surplus" books are sold for their paper recycling value (works out to about ten cents a book) and that books are only left on the shelf for 30 to 60 days. More than 75% of all the books they get donated, end up shredded. I was asking them to let my buy hundreds of books at half price (average of fifty cents per book.) They refused! I am still angry and I no longer donate to the Salvation Army.