1. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

drug name help...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Vamp_fan22, Sep 21, 2011.

I'm in a bit of a creativity rut and I can't think of a name for this drug. It's a strong injectable drug that is used to stop my mc's from using their psychic abilities. At first I was thinking of using a real drug that might have this effect on them but I couldn't think of anything so I'm just going to make it up.

2. Melanie

Melanie New Member

Here are a few names of anti-psychotic meds that could possibly provide some inspiration. I'm just listing brand names because they sound much more interesting than generic names, and most people know them by the brand names anyways.

Clozaril
    Fazaclo (which is actually the same drug as Clozaril but in orally disintegrating form)
    Zyprexa (This has orally disintegrating tabs called Zyprexa Zydis)
    Seroquel
    Risperdal (This comes in tabs, injectibles, and orally disintegrating tabs called Risperdal M-Tabs)
    Abilify
    Haldol (also comes in injectible)
    Thorazine
    Mellaril
    Geodon

As a side note, it may help you to know that two very common side effects of antipsychotics are drooling and constipation.

Perhaps anti-seizure medications would work for your purpose as well since they regulate the electro-magnetic (or something) impulses in your brain?

Depakote
    Neurontin
    Tegretol
    Zonegran
    Lamictal

All anti-psych and anti-seizure meds come with a lot of possible side effects so if you decide to use an existing medication, be sure to read up on it a bit! I hope this helped!

DISCLAIMER: I'm a pharmacy technician, not a psychotic with epiliepsy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3. Hero-Jean629

Hero-Jean629 New Member

How about desinocyde? 'Desino' in Latin means "stop" and mix it with "cyde", you get voila! Desinocyde! Creating your own words can be fun, try mixing words together and scrambling them up!

4. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

How about something like Neuroban, or any name that includes some thing about cognition / ESP and stop. So Neurostat, psychostat etc.

Cheers.

5. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Morphodren
    Synsex
    Arkutal
    just made that shit up.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It doesn't sound like it would be a drug marketed to the public. More like something administered by a paranoid government. In that case it probably would simply have a code designation, like MDS-431 (Metahuman Disorder Suppressor, trial 431).

7. Croga

Croga New Member

If this is supposed to be a nasty piece of work.
    I recommend the side effects of BZ.
    BZ was named after the military bases where the initial tests of the drug were carried out.(hint for Naming it.)Small amounts (< 1 mg),An incapacitating dose is 7-8 ug/kg (approx. 500 ug).BZ is a potent anticholinergic deliriant or incapacitant.(An anticholinergic agent is a substance that blocks the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the central and the peripheral nervous system. An example of an anticholinergic is dicycloverine, and the classic example is atropine. Anticholinergics are administered to reduce the effects mediated by acetylcholine on acetylcholine receptors in neurons through competitive inhibition. Therefore, their effects are reversible.)
    Don't know if BZ would affect their abilities but since these are the side effects of a depressant and a drug that is directly use to incapacitate a neuro transmitter I think the figures would be useful.

• POSITIVE
    • upon recovery from effects, some subjects report a refreshed feeling and good mood
    • NEUTRAL
    • heightened deep tendon reflexes
    • clipped, flat speech
    • slurred speech
    • stereotyped utterances (fixation on short catch-phrases or figures of speech)
    • frank hallucinations, elaborate interaction with hallucinations
    • smoking and drinking of phantom cigarettes and beverages
    • decreased appetite, thirst
    • mydriasis (extreme pupilary dilation)
    • confabulation (giving plausible-but-false explanations for bizarre behavior)
    • micrographia (tiny writing, sometimes observed in schizophrenics)
    • illusion of red coloration of skin
    • loss of sense of the passage of time
    • NEGATIVE
    • dizziness, headache
    • errors of speech
    • dry mouth, dry eyes
    • nausea, usually without vomiting
    • subjective weakness
    • ataxia (uncoordinated movement)
    • extreme restlessness
    • clonic spasms (repetitive muscle contractions)
    • paranoia, fear, unease
    • night terrors (vivid, open-eyed hallucinations with a nightmare quality)
    • confusion, delirium, impaired cognitive function
    • sedation, stupor, semi-coma at high doses
    • perseveration (fixation on words or themes, inability to disengage from them)
    • amnesia
    • blockade of sweat glands, impairing heat-dispersal
    • cardiac failure possible in large doses

• [HR][/HR]
      BZ Duration IV
      Total Duration approx. 70-80 hrs
      Onset 1 hr
      Coming Up 2-3 hrs
      Plateau 50-60 hrs
      Coming Down 5-10 hrs
      After Effects10-20 hours
      Hangover / Day After days or weeks

8. LunaEclipse

LunaEclipse New Member

MTA 2.0
    For my elective at uni I'm studying how Latin has influenced medical language used today (I'm a med student, so with any luck it'll help me remember this year's evil list of drugs 0_o ).
    Anyway, MTA could stand for Mauris Tincidunt Animi - in English; mind stop drug. Admittedly it sounds quite rubbish in English, but quite often we use abbreviations for drugs around uni, particularly with huge, horrible names.
    The 2.0 us just a bit of fun :)

9. architectus

architectus Banned

I think Neuroban, but Cogito makes a good point. Also, it's good to think of the street term for the drug, or the common term used among regular people.

LIke how MDMA is known as X, E, and extasy.