1. Burman

Burman New Member

Consider a theory...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Burman, May 7, 2008.

It is the way of exceeding; the way we take all our efforts and drive them into a single cause. The mustered work builds into an individual resource of hope that exists to us as such a saving of treasure that we are disappointed by the quantity of our fruits of labor.
    Quantity, when it balances with the strenuous sum of work we have achieved, is the most easily conceivable result of all that effort. It is consistency and consistency is the disability of dependence that we will probably never overcome during our time.

-Burman

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Is this a writing question? If so, your point isn't very clear to me.

This forum is for discussion of general writing issues.

3. FinalConflict

FinalConflict New Member

I think he might be saying that we as writer's work so hard on something but in the end the thing we worked so hard on doesn't turn out as we planned?
    I don't know, I'm with you here I don't know what he means...

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

that's a pretty good example of a beginning writer's hubris and need to use as many words, including as many fancy words as possible, instead of sticking to the age-old best axiom the best seasoned writers follow, 'less is more'! ;-)

5. free2dream

free2dream New Member

Hm. Interesting point.
    I believe it is a "theory" he is supposing. It seems to be describing the anticipation and drive people have when striving towards a purpose or goal (be it writing or a "cause"). Yet, the end result turns out to be a disappointment and not up to par to previous expectations. Consistency is definitely hard to maintain, though. Since many things are ever changing such as consequence, circumstance and one's own thoughts and feelings, it "probably" will "never" be "overcome" in our lifetime. And as for the writing process, consistency is crucial to carrying a story to the end.

I'm just trying to interpret his words, I might be wrong.