1. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Social media standing

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Buffy, Apr 11, 2013.

I maintain two blogs. One on writing and another about fitness. I want to optimize these blog sites, and so, I use social media as part of my strategy. I have been using my one account in Twitter to create links to my blog sites. I am thinking of creating a whole new different account for my fitness blog alone. Do you guys think it's a good idea? Or building up my online reputation through my personal account is the best method?

2. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I could see people going either way on this question. Is your writing in any way related to fitness? Even if you write novels, are your characters very into fitness or does it play a large role in most of your writings? If so, you could keep them as one. But if you write about things that are totally unrelated, I think it would be better to keep them separate. You'd be trying to reach two separate groups of people, and you could still occasionally tweet from one account something about the other, to increase your reach. But if people follow you on Twitter for one reason, and you tweet a lot about the other, the followers might get annoyed and unfollow. But of course, there's also the idea that the more followers you have, the better, regardless of how much they might care about one of your passions.

I'd probably do two accounts.

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Thank you chicagoliz for your helpful advice. My writing is not only focused on fitness. But I do maintain one website where all my fitness blogs appear, and another separate site for my blogs about writing. Yeah, you're right about trying to reach two separate groups of people. I have been doing that in my Facebook page and Twitter account. I guess I'll give it a couple weeks more and then create a new account to focus on fitness. Thanks again!