1. cestefani

cestefani New Member

Adding an excerpt on a paragraph, or something

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by cestefani, Mar 24, 2013.

Greetings, fellow humans! I want to know what is the usual format in writing a novel where I add an excerpt of a book.

For example:

The paragraph that begins with "Of all the worlds..." is from the book mentioned in the first paragraph. Said paragraph should be indented on both sides, right? But I don't know how long should the indents be. Please help~ *innocent smile*

Notes:
    * I just wrote that part, so I still haven't done any intense proofreading and rephrasing. I'm sorry in advance for any embarrassing mistakes.
    * Angelix is not the actual name of the Seraph--I only use that as a filler while I think of a proper name for the creator of Eaglehart. It would be easier to change the words with Ctrl + H later. *grins*

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

insert it with no " " as a block indent... that means setting the margins in 2 tab widths on either side...

and the book being read better be one you made up, not a real one, unless it's out of copyright...

3. cestefani

cestefani New Member

I got it right the first time then. Thank you!

And yea, the book is made up. If you google "The Worlds Surrounding Eaglehart, and the Worlds Beyond", you will see this thread as the first and only proper search result. But thanks for the heads up~