Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs New Member

writing a book

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by ilikedrugs, Oct 2, 2018.

i am writing a book about my life, i was a junkie, and i have many intersting stories to tell, and i want to publish them, but i need some criticism, i am new to this website, help me out

2. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome.

Can you explain you request a bit more? Are you asking for help in publishing or editing or something else? Have you already written this book or are you starting or planning to start soon(ish)? Are you wanting some critism on a written work on looking for readers to view work you will write?

The more information you give, the more help and perhaps the better/accurate the help will be.

DK3654 likes this.
  3. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Try creating a blog, join a community of like-minded people and tell them all about you're writing and stories, get them all excited about it and that will be your future audience. A book about your own experiences would be a memoir and memoirs are a tough sell to publishers. But people love drama and the internet would welcome you and your stories!

4. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs New Member

i need help editing and organizing the book, plus criticism, for now atleast

5. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs New Member

if you publish online, can you profit from it?

6. ddavidv

ddavidv Senior Member

You mean publish to a web site or publish as an e-book?
    I can only speak to the latter, and the answer is yes...but you won't get rich at it unless you are VERY lucky. You will be just one of a million other books being offered online. However, your subject matter is specific and could find an audience versus the endless number of fiction books I'm competing with that are published.

7. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

I have a suggestion for you that might prove helpful: read “Christianne F.”

It was written by an ex-junkie in similar fashion. You might can pick up some pointers from her in terms of structure, etc.

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I suggest you have a read through Forum Rules so that you understand what the expectations are in our community as regards providing the kind of help you want to receive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.