1. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Haircut or Haircut and Style

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by J.P.Clyde, Aug 2, 2011.

My sister unit decided it would be best that I was the one who called to make the appointments for the haircuts for several of my other sister units and myself. Well I made the appointment and this is the conversation as followed afterwards,

Sister unit, "So, did you make the appointment?"

Me, "Yes, I made an appointment for haircut and style,"

Sister unit, "You weren't suppose to do that,"

Me, "What?"

Sister, "Ask for a haircut, dumby,"

Now from all the last times I have been around my sister. When they get a haircut it gets styled. So shouldn't I say haircut and style? Or is it a given at a woman's salon that haircut comes with the style? I am horribly confused at where I went wrong with haircut and style.

Is it make an appointment for a haircut? [and then they style it as a given]

Or haircut and style because some people just want a haircut?

I know my sister units, they like their hair all done up for what reason I do not understand. I never understood the whole make yourself all get up and styled for a haircut. Then again I am a man unit.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

"Who you calling dumby? Who was it that thought having me make the appointments would be a good idea?"

3. J.P.Clyde

I wish I could reply in this manner. Though my sister units are older than me.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Then they should have known better. They should know your mind reading abilities are out of whack for about three days every month.

5. J.P.Clyde

Yes, very true. They should.

6. Silver Random

Silver Random New Member

I don't know if there's a difference either, maybe asking for a style appointment means something different and specific to what usually happens, even if you'd call that styling. Quick question though:

What is a sister unit?

And yeah, what Cogito said, if you want something done the way you want it done, do it yourself. Or at least, only delegate it to someone you know will be able to do it the way you want.

7. J.P.Clyde

I was always under the impression my sisters were robots impersonating to be my family. Sister units.

8. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I've seen places that advertise prices for just a haircut or prices for a cut and style, but I've honestly never understood the difference between the two. When I get my hair cut, they style it too. If I went somewhere and they were like "your haircut is done, I'm just gonna leave it all wet and undone like this" I would never go there again.

Also, got to agree with the others--it was pretty foolish of your sisters to have you make their appointments for them. Especially if they were going to be rude if they felt you'd made the wrong type of appointment.

9. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    I know this is kinda off topic(but I'm a teenager its are job to point out the pointless things in life) you have SEVEN sisters! Jealous... I have SEVEN brothers. Plus I have one sister who could also count as a brother and my moms boyfriend has a son too. But still I'm jealous!
    Why don't they book their own appointments? But I do have to say order haircut and style isn't really overly smart. They charge more for that then a haircut (they always style it at the end anyways) but when you order styling they style as if you were going to prom or a big event. I had my hair styled for a wedding once (when I was seven, I was the flower girl) and it cost a lot, I can't what would cost for both. But I guess it also depends what kind of styling your going for...note don't get a perm or chemical straightening, I've seen the prices for those. But if you live in the states it will be cheaper then where I live

Anyways your sister shouldn't of been so rude. Your a guy so how would you know? They seriously should of booked their own.

10. J.P.Clyde

Well now I am stupid.

I booked the appointments wrong to begin with. I book them all together and the girls were suppose to pay separately. So now its all together.

I should have said separate appointments for all of us.

11. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I have seven sisters and seven brothers and I have no idea about haircuts and style- I just let my sisters cut my hair which ends up looking alright.

But if I would need an appointment at the hairdresser... I would never ask my brother(s).

12. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

For real. Hair appointments are something that people should really book for themselves...