Tags:
  1. Ryan Spangler

Ryan Spangler New Member

Question [Solved] You have insufficient privileges to post here

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Ryan Spangler, Nov 1, 2018.

I'm a new member, and I'd like to post some short stories and poetry for critique. I've reviewed the FAQ and Rules, and I do not see any instruction on how to submit writing to the Workshop. Any help is appreciated!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

From the Forum Rules...

Posting Your Writing
    • You must own the copyright to all work claimed your own.
    • The text of all stories, poems, or other writing offered for comment and critique must be posted directly within the Writing Workshop.
    • If your writing contains adult language, sexual behavior, or violent, it must be marked/categorized as such.
    • Enclosures, links, downloads, and images are not acceptable (this applies to the WIP itself, as well as its contents).
    • The work to be reviewed, and all critiques, must be posted directly, without any supplementary materials.
    • Posting in the Writing Workshop requires 2 or more constructive critiques of other members' work for each new posted work.
    • You must be registered for at least 14 days and have made 20 posts before you can create a thread in our workshops. (This requirement does not apply to members who purchase Supporter status.)
    • Only your own writing may be posted in the Writing Workshop.
    • By posting, you are granting limited use. Specifically, retention or removal of that piece of writing from the site is solely at the discretion of the site administration team, and members may quote the submission in full or in part for the purpose of critique within that thread.
    • Please do not spread stories and articles across multiple threads, including blog threads. If a story won't fit in the initial post, subsequent pieces should be posted as replies to the original post.
    • If you are requesting a beta-read for a complete manuscript that is not posted in the Workshop, please request this in the Collaborative Projects subforum. Beta reads may be requested only after you have satisfied the Writing Workshop requirements, as well as been a member for 90 days, and made 100 posts. Do not post the work itself anywhere on the forum; doing so may harm your chances of getting it published. Any agreement to give a beta-read that is made by a member is made solely by that member and not as a part or affiliate of this forum. The forum bears no responsibility to enforce completion of said beta-read. It is an agreement between the writer and the beta-reader, separate from the forum.
    • Published works should be reviewed on Amazon, Goodreads, or other commercial site. WritingForums is for works-in-progress; a venue for writers to help each other.

jannert likes this.
  3. Ryan Spangler

Ryan Spangler New Member

Thank you! I didn't realize "create a thread" is the same as submitting writing. Appreciate the direction.

jannert likes this.