1. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

The Run-On Sentence Game!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Odile_Blud, Jan 9, 2018.

Write a story replacing periods with "and".

2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

This is a run-on sentence I'm writing for a fun little forum game I just found and I'm really happy that I found it because it seems like a good idea and I think it could produce some funny results and this is the end of my run-on sentence so I'll leave now.

Odile_Blud likes this.
  3. Blind Opus

Blind Opus New Member

I've never been the type of person who just "jumps in" when new games or ideas come my way and I think that maybe I have been missing out on some serious fun because, suddenly, I feel alive in a way that I never have before and I literally can't stop doing what I am doing right now because I am having waayyy too much fun doing this! ( I had to stop. I was starting to piss myself off.)

4. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

I'm not clear on the rules here so I'm wondering if that goes for each and every period and also commas or even punctuation such as question marks which is a mark I would normally put here so that it's clear that it's a question rather than a statement and also I would put a full stop at the very end but the rules explicitly forbids it and so I shall end it in and

5. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Scarlet and Crimson, gods of war waging upon the clouds, upon the heavens of the clouds, striking maliciousness upon another—for I saw his eyes, eyes of Crimson, pearls of hatred to be pierced by spears of justice, blinded by greatness that is I, Scarlet—for war they waged so blood rained upon the feeding earth which suckled the nutrition from the drops, growing stronger than the gods, growing plants, growing trees upon which birds could nest, growing lands upon which animals could feed, Scarlet and Crimson rained upon the grounds, upon the seas, upon the lands of beasts—for I saw his eyes, eyes of Scarlet, jewels of vengeance to be punctured by swords of judgement, dimmed by holiness that is I, Crimson—and upon the beaches of the earth they rained—let me be a beach, for I am Crimson and Scarlet—laying to rest their war.

Odile_Blud likes this.
  6. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

That was beautiful!

Madman likes this.
  7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Having passed this post several times now and gone back and forth as to whether I should play along given the concern I have over what some might see as an unfair advantage because I am a native speaker of Spanish, which is a language that not only allows but seems to make a kind of game of spectacularly long, convoluted sentences composed of an ever-deepening barrage of nested clauses and phrases, I decided finally to enter my bid at this game with a sentence that first begins with a monsterous ablative absolute phrase, which serves as a kind of complex adverbial modifier to the main clause, and then to make the main clause of my sentence into a sort of meta-statement wherein I tell you a story of the creation of a sentence rather than a sentence that tells a story that is seperate and sundry from the nature of the game you have invoked in our Writing Prompts area. ;)

O.M. Hillside and Carly Berg like this.
  8. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

Wreybies, I must say that the aptitude you have demonstrated in the area of crafting sentences which extend for so long a length as to overstay their welcome in a way that is coherent and even entertaining despite the handicap and, paradoxically, the blessing of not being a native speaker of the English language has impressed me so much that I, with the authority that I in no way possess, would like to grant you -- not without due consideration of the nature and the gravity that such a grant would entail and somewhat hesitant, though I am, it seems appropriate-- the title of the Eminem of whatever this abominable category of writing is.

I would like to note that I decided to pretend semi-colons don't exist because then I might spend way more time on this than I should.

Wreybies likes this.