created majority of plot points, but cant think of rest????????

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Defender, Feb 7, 2016.

1. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

The write needs to be more concise and precise to make it interesting to read. It is not difficult to do, and you'd see, and do it it yourself, in about a month's time. For the moment you are amidst blizzard/draft, so:

800 years ago shortly after the present day, as overpopulation and unrest mounted on Earth, a number of new political organizations were formed, including the Ascendant and the Dominion cult, who later became bitter rivals. These organizations lead the race to humanity's discovery of terraformation, by funding and encouraging technological progression in this field. In the end Russia was the first to discover it, under the auspices and funding of the Ascendant. The new technology was launched into the space, with the terraforming gear aboard, to spearhead [ed]the colonization of new worlds, bunder the command of the Ascendant organization, who funded the project. The launching of the vessels sparked the first wave of human expansion eyond the confines of Earth, founding the first colonies on Mars, the Moon, Venus, and Mercury. In later years they terraformed planet and moons, and expanded their civilization beyond Earth and throughout much of the solar system. Many worlds were colonized thanks to the development of transformation, the discovery, had ignited a prosperous time of technology and exploration for Humans, known as the Expanse. During the expan

Defender, BrianIff and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. Defender

Defender New Member

that sounds a lot better, ill definitely try this ... but..... do you think you could help me phrase one more small paragraph first??? Thanks!

matwoolf likes this.
  3. Defender

Defender New Member

how do i phrase this paragraph, i know it might not be in my final draft but how do i write it in a second person so it sounds right?????
    The Defender lies unconscious in a white room, soon he arouses, and is met by a scientist called sanders, the Dr greets him before explaining the Defender is no longer human and his memory was lost. An assistant is brought in after, who guides the Defender to the Citadel where he meets the Keeper, the city's steward who briefs the Defender on the alien menace.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You need to be here another week and a half and give a couple critiques in the workshop to get more help with that paragraph. @matwoolf was doing you a favor to critique that story description.

Do that then post your paragraph in the workshop.

Defender likes this.
  5. Defender

Defender New Member

you know the funny thing, I've been trying to get in there for like ever and it says i have insufficient rights for it, and i always thought that it meant i was only allowed to ask these questions here! thank you soo much, now i know :)

6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You need to be here 2 weeks, you already have 20 posts, so you just need 2 posts in the workshop. It's pretty minimal. It just assures people share critiques. A lot of people want help right off the bat without considering it's a give and get exchange.

7. Defender

Defender New Member

Well thank you guys for the heads up I'll be sure to meet those requirements:)