Tags:
  1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Your New Type of Zombie

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by MilesTro, Apr 11, 2013.

There are a lot of zombie films with slow walking dead. However some films and books invented new one. But it seems really hard to invent a new undead or plague creature that haunts humanity. In this thread, post a new type of zombie that you can try to invent that is different. It can be a living dead or a living infected person. And it doesn't have to be realstic.

My new type of zombie is a smart zombie. Although slow walking, this zombie is clever enough to open doors, and plan how to attack its' victim. It can remember how to use a weapon and avoid attacks. However, it is more like a wolf with basic instincts, and smart enough to get its prey. In packs, there will be an alpha zombie commanding the others with groans or moans. Since they can not speak, they will use other means of communication to control the horde. If the leader dies, another one will take command to help its pack get the human survivors. They can still smell, see, and hear, letting them know who is dead or who isn't. Zombie disguises will not work. None of these zombies are dumb enough to fall for simple tricks. However, they are flaw but great in numbers. It is really hard to outsmart them.

2. Mithrandir

Mithrandir New Member

In the general vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean
    My new zombie can smell fear from great distances. If you can purge yourself of all fear (fear of losing anything) you'll become undetectable by the undead foes.

Edit: I like my idea so much, I'm going to make a short story outta it. Thanks Miles.

3. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Me and KaTrian wrote an intelligent zombie (dubbed Izzy) into one of our stories. He's at least as smart as normal humans, can speak, he's a tad stronger/faster, and almost incapable of feeling pain.

4. Quoux

Quoux Member

My zombies are pale, undead poetic humans who have been enchanted back from death by the works of an incredibly prodigious minstrel! This is actually in one of my stories :-D

5. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

how can he fail :)

6. gwilson

gwilson Member

The Black Ague - from "Ab Intra - A Discourse in the Field of Medicine, by Brother Anadius Quintus, Acolyte":

"It is said that this disease [the Black Ague] was generated as a result from a battle between two rival demons, [their names omitted in memorial]. The disease in its earliest stage is similar to a common ailment: a minor cough accompanied by dark phlegm that develops rapidly and persists throughout incubation. Full incubation of the disease begins with an onset of festering sores with the appearance of tiny, protuberant mouths of various humanoid type and in random locations on the victim's body. These mouths cry out for their demon-lord masters from an unidentified, vocal appendage inside each abscess.
    "Typical treatments have very little or long-lasting effect on this horribly invasive disease. It resists all known cures and vaccines. The usual consequence of a lesion écraseur or the performance of an exorcism results in the afflicted's skin demonstrating green colored deformations which dry out and then emit a gaseous contagion before the subject goes into convulsions and dies within two to three hours.
    "From the inception of the disease, (as it has been observed by colleagues of therianthropics,) continued exposure to the air accelerates the victim's rima oris manifestations to a point when the afflicted no longer knows who he or she is...the victim experiences a type of metamorphic transition and eventually become a zombie within a matter of six to eight months. ...It has also been noted, by colleagues, of an [omitted]-infusion has produced positive results, but no verifiable examples or documented procedures have yet to be conclusive."

7. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

My zombies look exactly like regular people. They mostly have part-time jobs and some study. They carry devices with them everywhere. Little computers that they use to communicate with each other.

8. Xatron

Xatron New Member

They are teenagers with smartphones?

9. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

I suppose they're kinda like teenagers with smartphones. But different in the sense that... No, wait... teenagers with smartphones was exactly what I was hinting at.

10. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

How about ghost zombies? You can't kill them, but they can kill you.

11. Xatron

Xatron New Member

A ghost zombie is a paradoxical concept. A ghost is an incorporeal spirit or soul or echo of a person (or any number of things, all incorporeal) while a zombie is an reanimated soulless body of a person or a diseased body or anything else, all corporeal. Is like you are saying you will make apple pie without apples or dough.

12. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

My favourite kind of undead are the ones who act just like they did when they were alive, except certain things have obviously changed - I like to reanimate them saying things like "bloody hell! I was just getting comfortable!"

Usually Victorian era British gentleman.

I also do the same with skeleton samurai armies, have them bicker and get frustrated at each other.

I love when the zombies react to the realisation of their reanimation, some panic, some complain, some take it in their stride, some develop serious complexes!

please excuse my language.

13. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

double post.

additional: just want to spring to mind, image of a zombie cleric sewing his leg back on, like in Magic: The Gathering

14. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Werewolf zombies also some better. They move fast, rip up victims, and silver can only kill them. Imagine a horde of undead beasts running towards you. As rotten corpses, they will look more freaky than their living relatives.

15. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Again werewolf zombies are paradoxical. Since zombies are already dead you can't really kill them, just prevent them from moving.Werewolves on the other hand are alive and can be killed in numerous ways, with silver being like a poison to them. So even if silver can kill a werewolf, since a werewolf zombie is already dead it wouldn't really die. So how would that work, would the werewolf part die and the zombie become a regular non-werewolf zombie?

16. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

you could kill a werewolf, then it could be res'd in whatever way conforms to the particular work of fiction, and it would be a zombie werewolf. You'd then find a logical way to deal with it depending on the kind of res/animation it's relying on

I like zombie hounds that carry horrible plague. The plagued kind of sickness zombie, like extreme zombie rabies.

17. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Yah, maybe silver doesn't affect zombie werewolves anymore. You might have to destroy them completely by burning or slicing their heads off.

18. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

it essentially could be the amazingly lean, strong, agile bodies of warewolves reanimated with zombie rules. simple drones, controlled by an external entity. I think that works, as long as the logic stays consistent.

19. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

There should also be alpha zombies who control the horde. That will be interesting.

20. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

I've always liked the idea of an intelligent zombie animating a horde of drones. two intelligent ones can battle in a graveyard, like a seriously f***** Pokemon battle

21. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

In the Walking Dead book, the town called Woodbury did that.

22. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

the zombies i use look like the average zombie, but have more speed, and are able to jump great heights (i have some chasing my MC round a maze and they jump the walls to try and catch him) the only way you can dispose of them is decapitation then splitting them straight down the middle with a scythe like implement (a samurai sword works equally as well)

23. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

i had an odd dream involving this kind of zombie (excuse me if it is similar to anyone else's ideas) but they would have an emaciated build and super long arms with claws, so they run kinds like apes, but are still over eight feet in height even when hunched over. Their faces are completely stripped of human features and look more like orbs with a mouth that can open wide enough to swallow a young child whole. Also, it is full of knife-sharp teeth. They also have a poison-covered tongue that can extend to about six feet out of their mouths to get anything they cannot reach. These zombies are loners by nature and very frightening as they can run at high speeds and behave more like animals, but in my dream one kept following me and was not aggressive. in fact it protected me from the others, which i found an odd quirk in their behavior, so i assume that sometimes they prove to protect the ones that they choose to change over. kinda like a mercy zombie.

as for how to kill them... i assume if you cut ther head off or simply shoot them full of bullets it would work.

24. GreasyLocks

GreasyLocks New Member

wow, that's chilling :|
    and refreshing! :)

25. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

How about alien zombies, but not the ones from Dead Space. I meant reanimated corpses of alien life forms, not from humans.