Tags:
  1. Kimi-chan

Kimi-chan New Member

Looking for title, idea and some insight.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kimi-chan, Jul 25, 2011.

I want to write a story about an eighteen year old girl who is an empath. She is also diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD and Severe Anxiety. I want the disability thing to be more of a twist where people don't understand how she can be an empath and autistic at the same time... and for her, this causes a lot of conflicts and stress.

I need other ideas too to make it a good story but I'm in a creative rut and haven't come up with anything yet. That's why I thought maybe I could get some ideas to strengthen the plot and make it more likable and catch the readers' eyes.

So, anyone out there willing to help out? It's greatly appreciated.

2. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

Seems to me the story may be about the people around her as much as it would be about her. Perhaps think about the location and setting for the story to be set?

3. Kimi-chan

Kimi-chan New Member

Yeah that's a start. and really? I was hoping to make it into the whole, "me against the world" kind of story.

4. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

Only you can write it. You have the idea. No-one here can offer anything other than support.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Is there anything else you need?

Seriously, don't ask other people to come up with your story for you. It won't be your story.

6. Kimi-chan

Kimi-chan New Member

Well... I'm actually just worried about titles is all. That's my weakest point right there.

7. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

Don't worry too much about a title. You'll find something will jump out of the story once you have a decent body of work there.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Yeah, like SteamWolf says, the title will likely suggest itself to you once you've written a large portion of the work. I don't often come up with titles until I am done, and then I think about what I've written and one jumps out at me.

9. Kimi-chan

Kimi-chan New Member

That's actually not a bad idea. I've never thought of doing it that way. It's just whenever I use <writing tool>, it asks for a title and I never know what to put.

10. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Can you identify your premise of the story in a brief sentence? That will kind of help you get started on the title. Say your high premise is An eighteen-year old autistic, severly anxieous, and ADHD woman is empasized. You can't force a title page until you are clear with what your premise is (not that I'm saying you don't know what it is), and try not to worry too much about the title just yet.

11. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Yeah, when I create my files on the computer I just throw in a place holder as a title. Usually the name of the main character or something. Then I change it when I'm done :)

12. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

Yeah anything is good as a working title. Even "Story 02" or "That thing about Fred" even if you don't have a character called Fred lol it's just to fill the hole until a discernable shape begins to form.

Not everything needs to happen in a linear process. Much of this will fall into place once you start writing the story itself. You'll find there's a lot of back and forwards with that sort of detail.

13. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

Where did DisabledWriter's post go??