1. Defender

Defender New Member

cryo stasis?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Defender, Feb 13, 2016.

hello guys its me again, so i've been following all your guys advice, and my story is coming out perfectly, but im not sure how the future protagonist is going to appear, in other words, the civil war has been hard, humans are losing, the defenders are created to fight the enemy, but still they are losing,so the city on Venus (where the war is taking place) the origin of the invasion, is declared off bounds, and a small strike team heads in to close the portal letting the aliens in, but they fail, and in the future the main character appears on earth without memory or recollection of the past, should the protagonist have gotten there through some kind of hibernation on a now derelict space ship that somehow got to earth, or is he brought back by his other friends who are now all spread out, thought of as lunatic?????

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Some kind of stasis could work, if you do a nice job with it. That has been used a lot in SF, which is both an advantage and disadvantage. If the story is skillfully written, I certainly don't think any SF fan is going to be put off by the idea that he was in stasis. There are also other possibilities, including time dilation.

3. Defender

Defender New Member

I agree with you, I admit I have seen stasis a lot, so what could I do then that would be different, because he is like a human infused robot, he just got into a bad fight trying to close a portal, it went awry and then he somehow to got to earth's last city?

4. terobi

terobi Senior Member

Might a "human infused robot" have certain processes that might make this work? An emergency protocol that keeps the body in a protective "sleep mode" for an extended period of time? It depends how it works in your universe.

5. Defender

Defender New Member

Well, maybe it's just that he got injured, and when he awakens in the city, he doesn't remember anything, so im trying to decide if I should have someone take him to earth or if they find his derilect craft?

6. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

If I'm reading you correctly he's a robot? If so could someone have just turned him off? Then he gets brought back to Earth as part of a salvage haul. His memory is wiped so he can be resold to a new owner.

Cheers, Greg.

7. Defender

Defender New Member

hi thanks Greg, well he is not just a robot, he is a human mind in a robot body, so he doesn't have an on/off switch and he is fighting during the end days of human fall, maybe he could be found by a scavenger, but that would mean they would have to sell hi to the city's military, and he was supposed to be either saved or discovered :) thanks for the ideas though

8. Herro Raymond

Herro Raymond New Member

I would go with the stasis idea, it's just more practical. Saying his old friend bring him back seems too convenient for the plot.

Defender likes this.