Crystan: Dawn of War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Teele, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"I'm sorry to have been a bother."

Orillon clicked his tongue a couple times and eyed the Aelin skeptically. He finally gave him a courteous nod, but didn't say anything as he turned his attention to the Mahri that had come over to him.

“I like your music, will you play sometime again?”

He smiled and gave her nod. He was about to speak, but he saw the cloaked man stir. His attention was immediately drawn to one called Hawk.

2. Teele

Teele New Member

Hawk remained silent, just observing the ones who had come. He had smiled and even sighed wistfully at Orillon's song, and he had laughed at the banter exchanged between them and the young Aelin. When the banter had turned to threats, he stood ready to intervene, but hoped, for the sake of what was to come, that they could settle it themselves.

They did.

And now was as good a time as any.

He stepped forward and drew back the hood of his robe. He stood by the fire, facing them, his long black hair lining the sides of his face and augmenting the impact of his blue eyes.

"Our Aelin friend is correct, in a sense. I have kept you waiting, and you have been patient. For that, I thank you. I have issued a call to several select individuals throughout Crystan. You who have come are more than I expected." He paused, looking again at the group.

"As we speak, the Coalition of Nations is collapsing." He allowed a chorus of whispers and curses to follow before he continued.

"The petty quarrels are about to turn into a war; the most massive and bloody this world has seen. It cannot be stopped. It will happen. But, my duty is this: I must ensure that every one of Crystan's races makes it through this war. The world will not lose a part of itself." He paused again.

"There are things that must happen, and quickly. Specifically, if we do not act, the Aelin and a greater portion of the Shale will all die. And more races will follow."

"I have called you here to help, if you wish. You were chosen because each of you was exceptional among your people; and because you have no ties to me and those I represent. But every being has a choice. If you believe me, follow me east, and you shall know more." He gazed at each of them once more, and then turned and began walking.

3. Bick

Bick New Member

She didn’t know what to say, for what was there to say in a situation like this? No, I don’t care about my species and I think we’re screwed either way? She bit her lip, her tooth going through the skin as she fell back. Would it be in her best bet to follow? She knew the answer, but she didn’t like the sound of what was going to happen. The Mahri wouldn’t die out, they were a strong people. She looked around at the others, before running towards the man, and coming to his side. She said nothing as she looked down at her feet, her tail swaying back and forth behind her.

4. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Piesca turned and followed Hawk. It was that simple.

She loved her father, she could not go back, and if she could play some small part to avert disaster from her people and their beloved forest, she would.

Everyone has to decide who to believe and she decided she believed Hawke.

5. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

Orillon's heart beat quickly. "...the Aelin and a greater portion of the Shale will all die."

He shook his head, watching the others follow Hawk one by one. Not my people, he said. We faught the entire Coalition before, and came back with greater numbers. We can't be wiped out.

He looked down at his flute, and fixed it back into a shooter. He packed it away still watching Hawk move further away, foot after foot. He looked back down the mountain. He could sea the ocean and the port. Perhaps I can go back to Shalan, he thought. Awake the rabble-rousers and make ready for war.

He sighed and shook his head slowly, not sure what to do.

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida moaned for a moment.
    "More walking," he said, "I don't want to walk any more then what I did for six months...for all I know I have terrible blisters all over my feet."
    But Aida just couldn't stay here. His people needed them and he most definitely didn't want Bell or the others to die. Aida followed Hawk despite hating to walk.
    Oh, look at me I revealed what I look like under the robe I'm so cool, Aida mocked Hawk inside his head again.

7. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

The trip hadn't been far, I had been holding odd jobs in a nearby village. Still I somehow managed to be one of the last if not the last to arrive. I smirked from a distance at the group. My subdued armor and weapons, helping me appear as nothing more than a shadow at this distance, no one probably even noticed me yet. They seemed to be a fairly livly bunch at that.

So with that in mind, I kept the cock eyed smirk, and walked briskly over to the group. Stopped near by smiled kindly, and brought a hand up in greeting. "Hello, am I late? I hope not, no matter what you hear it's never fasionable." I said hopeing a bit of wit, and a kind smile would make a good impression on the bunch. If that didn't work my black axes, and matching leather tunic might. In my oppionion the sign of an intelligent worrior is one that knows that it's better not to be seen.

I ran the raised hand through my short hair and kept smileing as I looked around at the bunch, they seemed to be a realiable bunch, some strong, some proud, some beautiful, the latter I hopped to get to know better. "Is our host in?" I asked the group.

8. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

Elryn had stayed in the shadows since he had arrived at the monolith. He had kept a close eye on Hawk, waiting for him to make his move. He had ignored the quarrel between the shale and the aelin, but made a note in his mind to think less of them if he ever were to meet them.

"As we speak, the Coalition of Nations is collapsing."

This had been common knowledge to those higher up in the solan academies, namely the masters, but it was a very powerful secret indeed. That this man was saying it openly surprised Elryn and he was not easily surprised. This was not what he had expected but then again, what did he really expect.

"The petty quarrels are about to turn into a war; the most massive and bloody this world has seen. It cannot be stopped. It will happen. But, my duty is this: I must ensure that every one of Crystan's races makes it through this war. The world will not lose a part of itself."

Why was it his duty? What could this group do to help him in that task?

"I have called you here to help, if you wish. You were chosen because each of you was exceptional among your people; and because you have no ties to me and those I represent. But every being has a choice. If you believe me, follow me east, and you shall know more."

Elryn considered his options: He could go back to a life of hiding, or find out more about this...quest. Because of the curiosity naturally attributed to his scholarly race he decided he should go.

Elryn stepped into the firelight and looked around at his fellow adventurers. "I will go, and you will too if you wish to truly help in this matter." With that he followed Hawk.

9. Bick

Bick New Member

"Hello, am I late? I hope not, no matter what you hear it's never fashionable."

Her ears cocked towards the noise and she turned around. She let out a giggle, and fell back towards the man, a smile on her face. She started to say something but stopped when he started to speak once more.

"Is our host in?"

She pointed towards Hawk who was still ahead of the group, “Him… you missed his little speech.” She put her hand out to his, her claws retracting, "I could give you the highlights. The name's Rani, by the way. You are?"

10. Teele

Teele New Member

*Deleted for continuity.

11. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

“Him… you missed his little speech.” She put her hand out to his, her claws retracting, "I could give you the highlights. The name's Rani, by the way. You are?"

"Oh, did I?" I said, the smile fadding to a obviosly faked worry. "Then I guess I'll be intruding upon your hospitality to catch me up on what I missed." I said the smile returning, I took her hand in a firm hand shake and thought to myself how much better it would be to be talked to by a woman than listen to another boring speach on a mission, i'd go on just for the excitment anyways. "My name is Shar, but my freinds call me Sharp." I said and gave her a playful wink as I countinued. "Though I promise not to cut anything."

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Who cares if someone is late?" Aida said, "I want this to go by fast and quick."
    Aida scowled and then tried to look at the bright side. But there wasn't any bright side his hair would get frizzy, he would have sores by the end of all of this, and he would have to hang out with people who had no class. Also he would have to help the wrench breed cousins of theirs. He didn't want to do any of that, it was only for his race.

13. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Chaos'es steps are silent, as he walks towards the fire that is surrounded by his soon to be allies. His long elequant purple robe sways as he walks. It is being held up, to two thin straps, on each should, leaving his shoulders bear. The long sleeves attacted to the side of the robe, reached down to around the middle of his hand. His long silver swords on each hip, moved back and forth with each step. They are narrow, light-wieght, and incredible sharp. Designed for gracefull fighting rather than brute strength. His long silver hair, moves in the gentle wind. Though he couldn't quite get his mind off of the events earlier that week....

Sitting in the council and lord meetings, he could almost feel the smugness in the air. Through his research, he knew that things were going wrong, and would get bad very quickly.

After the meeting he tried to approach his father. "Dad, please listen to me. The coalition must change or it will fall. This peace will end in the blood of our people. We must make new alliances and improve our standing with the warrior races."

"Ha, I'm happy that you are showing interest in politics at your age, but understand, you are just a child. You have spent most of your life in the library or practicing your swordsmanship. You are too naive to understand what is going on. We have nothing to fear."......

Chaos looks up at his new allies, hoping they won't consider him to be just a child. "I could hear your arguments from half a mile away. Its a good thing this isn't supposed to be some secret meeting." Turning his attention to Hawk, "My apologies for my lateness."

14. Bick

Bick New Member

She gave a laugh, “That would definitely be my job.” Her claws came out only momentarily, “But, I only do that to the naughty ones.”

"Don't be afraid.

She looked back at Hawk, and couldn’t help but give him a smile.

“There is nothing to fear if we have ourselves a good leader.”

She looked back at Sharp, “Well… the basics, we are here to prevent the downfall of all of our species.” She couldn’t help but feel melodramatic, "Basically... everyday speeches, you know."

"Who cares if someone is late?" Aida said, "I want this to go by fast and quick."

She looked at him and hissed, "Oh great and powerful one." she mocked, "We can't be all knowing like you. He needs to know what he's going to face. Silly sot."

15. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Tooth watched the man walk away for a moment. His eyes narrowed. My people sent me here to discuss peace on the verge of a great war. Fitting if not Ironic in it's own way.

Tooth looked down at the Shale who had a indecisive look upon his face. The answer was simple. We go to meet our deaths proud of what he have done. "What ever you do shale, have no regrets in your decision"

Tooth too wondered the merits of following this Hawk fellow. His people were warriors and had fought more battles then anyone could dream. A savage need for combat and bloodshed filled his peoples veins and this would bring about their new revival to the word.

Too long have his people known only peace. Now it was time to beat the plowshares into swords anew and his people would rise and surmount this obstacle no matter how overwhelming

His people would be ready for war, let him take this journey and mayhap after all was said and done, owing your survival to him and his kin would open new era of acceptance among the other races and his people.

Slowly, quietly he followed Hawk, several paces behind the others. He could hear what they were saying, that meant he was close enough.

16. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

“Well… the basics, we are here to prevent the downfall of all of our species.” She said and added, "Basically... everyday speeches, you know."

It was my turn to laugh, and it was a heart felt, but soft one, warm, and contagius, if I do say so myself. "Well I belive we all know the kind, but you've convinced me with your wise eyes, and clever words." I said giving her a slight bow, and motioning towards the groups slowly walking away. "No matter how much I enjoy being alone with a woman, I'd suggest we follow their lead." I joked, and motioned for her to lead the way. Thats when I noticed the new guy and added. "It seems I wasn't the last to arrive."

17. Bick

Bick New Member

She gave a small laugh at Sharp and turned towards the newcomer.

“Of course.” She bowed to Sharp, and took her leave to the newcomer’s side.

“Welcome, it seems you have a sense of humor! I like you all ready. We weren’t arguing though, we were discussing very loudly and with weapons. It’s much more fun!” She said with a grin, “I’m Rani.” She put her hand out to his, “You are?

18. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

The ride

"Don't be afraid." Hawk had told the group.

"I don't intend to be" Hoden said, his armor glimmered with the dim reflection of the starry sky, the white wolf he rode snarling intensely at the group. Hoden had decided against going to the summoning directly. Instead he had preferred to watch them through the shadowy veil of night, his pitch black eyes enabling him to see them clearly. He was cautious of this man, the one who was allegedly named Hawk. The only reason he had come was because Erissi was in shambles, and the message sounded like an opportunity for him, to restore the honor of his people.

Hoden hopped off his mount. His wolf approached Hawk menacingly. Hoden made a dismissive wave of his hand and the wolf lowered its head loyally, backing away.

"Now, I have rode for three days and four nights. I have heard your proposal to these adventurers. Whats in it for me?" he inquired, removing his helmet, letting his crimson hair fall along his shoulders.

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Oh great and powerful one." she mocked, "We can't be all knowing like you. He needs to know what he's going to face. Silly sot."

Aida scowled at the girl who made the comment.
    "You're that thing that touched me before," Aida said, "I can't believe a talking mop is liked by everybody."
    Aida looked at the new members.
    "You are going to make everything go slower if you are late, why didn't you come here earlier?"

20. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I gave the new guy talking to me a big smile, and replied truthfully. "Over slept." And then shrugged, not really caring about his reaction. "But really now, my lord, what is your story, you don't appear the kind to help others for free?" I said, wondering what was his angle in this.

21. Bick

Bick New Member

She hissed angrily, and looked brushed her fur with her hand instinctively. She didn’t like this man one bit, and soon enough he’d end up with her teeth on his flesh… or her claws. Her claws came out at that, but they flew back in as she looked around at the others.

“By the looks of it, you don’t like me. Frankly, I don’t like you either. Your heart is scum, and your not far from it. Why you’re here, makes me wonder. Stupid fool.”

She bit her lip and ended in a low whimper, "And I do not look like a mop."

22. Thagryn-Sylrand

Elryn spotted a Lennira man; he had always gotten along with the Lennira and decided to start a conversation. "What prompted you to answer the summons may I ask?"

23. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Chaos give the Mahri girl a polite head bow and says "I am Chaos." Turning his attention towards the Lennire, he says "I am the youngest child of an Aelin lord, and I plan to be a future lord or general, so I need some experience in dealing with others and simply wanted to see some of the world. Hopefully, I will be able to rebuild some type of empire or kingdom after the fall of the coalition. One that learns from the mistakes made in the past."

24. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"What prompted you to answer the summons may I ask?"

I heard and quickly, used the excuse to blow the other man off before he even awnsered, turned towards this new man with a smile. "Why not would be the better question. I had nothing better to do, and no more noble a way to spend ones time than to go about saving the world." I partialy jested, and added a short ammused laugh at my own joke, the part about having nothing better to do was the truth. "Though I'm sure others such as yourself have much more noble reasons for coming along on this adventure. Might I inquire as to what they are?"

25. Thagryn-Sylrand

"Though I'm sure others such as yourself have much more noble reasons for coming along on this adventure. Might I inquire as to what they are?"

"Noble would not be the right way to describe the reasons why I came. I have been in hiding for the last year. It was only recently that I decided to answer the summons. My motives? Getting back into society and out of where I was. Sorry for not introducing myself, I am Elryn."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.