1. Manutebecker

Manutebecker New Member

What is your ultimate writing dream???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Manutebecker, Apr 14, 2009.

Cliche question, I know, but I want to know if you have humble intentions for your writing or just really want to throw your manuscript on the New York Times Bestseller list. I know a lot of professors I know that write say they'd rather not let there were be read by others, almost like they're Salinger or something. I myself would love to be a New York Times Bestseller, but I have millions of other aspiring writers in my way. I can't wait to see how many people end their post with "Oh I don't care, I just love to write" We already know you do or you wouldn't be here :p

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Shrug. Actually I write as an outlet for an overactive imagination that did and still does damage my ability in the classroom. Luckily my attention span has improved but well, let's face it I'm lazy. If I have a deadly sin, it's sloth. Writing still helps though and it's not like I have anything else to use as a procrastination tool... sorry I have to say it. I just enjoy write'n :p. No ultimate goal leading to the new world order involved.

3. CokeInAmerica

CokeInAmerica New Member

My ultimate writing dream is to use a nice thick notebook and a Papermate FlexgripULTRA med. to create zen poetry in the Himalayas of Bhutan. Every night, I would use the poem-paper to start a fire in the hearth. Of my tiny shack. To cook and keep warm.
    And I would eat only goat meat.

4. Just a small smackerel

Just a small smackerel New Member

To sell one book that is written by me.
    Even if it's just one.
    Of course, my love for writing is my drive, but if if I could make a pit stop and be published, some day, whenever that day may be, that would be awesome.
    I don't care too much about profit, just seeing a book with my name as the author would be amazing.
    Flabberghasting.
    Phenominal.
    A bunch of other good things.

5. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Money and fame. LOTS of it! :D

6. Zayleus

Zayleus New Member

I like to paint pictures in readers' minds. To be able to publish a book and for thousands to be able to observe my canvas would be the best thing to ever happen to me.
    I just want to show my work, much like poetry, but in forms of novels and simple, deadly tragedies. I want them to understand, maybe change by mindset over something.
    It's not about anything except getting to the readers. Really getting to them.

7. Trojan

Trojan New Member

My writing dream would be to finish a proper story.

(also I 2nd Dalouise)

8. vanhunks

vanhunks New Member

My writing dream is to write a novel that will be published. To walk into a bookstore seeing someone holding up my book with the intention of buying it.

vanhunks

9. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

To have girls my age from my town saying 'You know that book? Well the author was from here! Can you believe that?'

Orrrr to be able to get up to go to work in the morning...only to find my work is in my house :) & I don't have to change out of my pyjamas to do it haha.

xxx

10. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless New Member

Bravely adventuring beyond the fourth wall.
    One day, I would like to make a modest income from publishing my novels. My day job is kind of sucky, and there isn't really anything else that I both enjoy and (hopefully ...) stand a fighting chance of making a living from.

11. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

To have my stories be read and enjoyed by many, and of course, to go into a bookstore and see my book on display. I find myself daydreaming about it a lot. Seeing something I did displayed among the books of established authors, seeing that I did something successful, I imagine it'd be quite the thrill.

12. -NM-

-NM- Active Member

My Writing Career Dream:

- Finish editing my book and get it published
    - People like it
    - Write the other two in the series
    - Write another book i've been thinking about
    - People like that
    - Write more, and then later move into Tv/Film script writing
    - Write for Doctor Who

13. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

I started this book to get out a story in my head that id had in there for far too long. Then, as it grew to 50k plus, I figured, I MIGHT just be able to publish this thing, and thus make enough side money to only have to work part time. this would enable me to be able to have dinner ready for my fiance every night when he comes home, instead of getting home later than him. So I could do somethign I love, work part time, and keep up with household chores and cooking. Which I would love, so so much.

I also love my characters, alot. And I want others to know them too. As well as the glittering, strange world that I've developed in my story. I want others to be able to submerge themselves into it too. :)

I suppose my intent is selfish. I dunno.

14. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

I'm living my dream. I make a living from my words. That the words in question are newsletters, ad copy, periodical articles, romance novels, and fetish erotica doesn't change the basic principle. That the living I make is of the one-bedroom-apartment-one-used-car variety also doesn't change it.

15. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I want to make a living off being a novelist. I'm not asking to be rich or anything, but I want to make enough to be able to live comfortably.

16. JZydowicz

JZydowicz New Member

I would like to change someone's mind through writing or make them see something they never saw before.

Also, I would love to write a novel and have it published.

17. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since i divested myself of 'self' over a dozen years ago, i don't have any goals or 'dreams' and everything i write is made available to anyone who wants to read it, free of charge... i've just had it all collected into 6 books that i give away, to get the work 'out there'...

but then, i'm a philosopher only, now... haven't written fiction or anything else for paid publication since i dropped out of the material world in '95... and never will again...

18. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Groupies.

19. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

I want to get published, I want to sell well, and I want to produce a critically acclaimed work. Is this realistic? Hell no. But I'm going to cut the throats I need to cut in order to advance my own selfish ambitions.

Failing that, just to write a novel that I can call my own and be proud of would be nice indeed.

I am everything maia is not, and by comparison, a very selfish and materialistic person. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

20. The Romanticist

The Romanticist New Member

not really a material dream.But i want to touch peoples hearts with my writing. I want people to remember crying, or laughing wildly at my books.I want them to remember my book for their lives.I want to be able to change lives with my writing.

21. Dr. Doctor

Dr. Doctor New Member

I would love to be famous and to have enough money to live comfortably. I would love to have movies made of my work and to have people talking about my work world-wide. I don't mind being criticized or whatever; I'd just like to have my stuff recognized. I have no shame in admitting that I'd love to be famous for this, because I love doing it. And even more than that, I'd just really love to have my work have the same effect on others as it has on me.

22. jade's dream

jade's dream New Member

I love writing I always have, since being a child I've always had a diary. the stories started when I was seven, always had an active imagination my mum told me. My favorite lessons at school were English and Drama. My ultimate dream would just to see one book of mine in print, would be really cool just to see one book get published.

23. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I write only to please myself and to learn about different subjects, and I love dreaming up truly unique characters as it has always been people and their personalities which intrigue me. However, the ultimate ego-boost would be to have my writing touch people some day. Whether it's a NYT bestseller, a cult classic or simply something a few people from my hometown read... I want it to change someone's life.

But my ultimate writing goal is just to create goodness with it and to teach people something. :)

24. lynneandlynn

lynneandlynn New Member

I write for myself. If I get published, I get published. If I don't, I don't really care. The whole point of writing for me is the writing itself.

~Lynn

25. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

I just want to tell tales that other people would enjoy. The only way I know how to do that is to write something I would like to read myself, and hope others agree.