Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowWhiteBriBri

SnowWhiteBriBri Member

Current Events: How are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SnowWhiteBriBri, Apr 3, 2020.

I looked the forum up and down for a thread about this but came up empty handed.

With everything that's going on with this pandemic: How are you? I mean, really. How are you?

I have been feeling so stressed lately; I haven't even opened this website for almost a week until yesterday, I believe. I waiver between being 100% adrift in my own dumb thoughts (probably surfing online or watching TV) and 100% being a complete ball of anxiety.

I work an "essential" job in Phoenix, AZ. I work in animal welfare, which includes emergency services for sick/injured/abandoned animals. I love my job and I have no problem going to it as often as I can. But on the other hand, I am scared to death to leave my house. My husband and I are considered "high risk" and I have read many stories of people who have tested positive and made it out, as well as the stories of people who did not make it.

The mentality of people around here ranges the same as well; either they are panicked and are hoarding supplies like the world is ending or they are acting like it's no big deal. Both extremes scare me. My parents live across the country and I try to talk to them every few days. My dad called me on Monday and was crying. He was terrified that he will die from this, with nothing to leave his family. And amidst my own fears, I had to stay strong for him.

Overall, we are ok. We have food and a roof over our heads, and so far, income. But the uncertainty is just anxiety-inducing.

So I ask again, how are you? Are you doing okay? Do you need to get anything off your chest? Do you need an ear to listen or a proverbial shoulder to lean on? Talk to me.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

We don't really do mental health discussions here, the reason being that they always turn into a minefield of bad advice however good the intention of the giver .. we also already have a corona virus thread, but its in the debate room which is why you can't see it.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.