1. Mars125

Mars125 Banned

How does the process of generating White House documents go?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Mars125, Mar 30, 2023.

So I'm writing a part where the Cabinet invokes Section 4 of the 25th Amendment against the President.

I've got all my research on the 25th Amendment, I know how it works and all that, I've got a whole chapter written where they convince the VP to side with them, so I'm not asking about that law specifically - I just need to know where they get the papers from, and who requests them.

I'm assuming it's the Archivist who would generate the papers, right? Correct me if wrong.
    And, who has the authority to order them to generate succession papers regarding the 25A? Would that be limited to the Vice President?
    I mean papers like these ones.
    The reason I need to know is because the papers themselves will turn into a plot point, so I'd like to know where they come from (archivist?) and at whose behest (VP?).

Is there a chance that any Cabinet member in this case can request the succession papers?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'd suggest asking the whitehouse direct...just explain that you're an author and they'll probably be glad to help you https://www.whitehouse.gov/