Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Banned

Cyberpunk 2766AD Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Aug 11, 2008.

This thread is for all discussion regarding the rpg game Cyberpunk 2766AD

2. Ungood

Ungood New Member

I deeply enjoy this type of Sci-Fi. The dark and back alley cyberpunk story. But I have quite a few questions to ask. Hope you do not mind.

How is this handled. Do we just write the consequences of our own actions or do we wait for you to tell us what happened? Like I could say in my opening post "I make it! Woots... the corporations start their war and are no longer looking for the rest of the runners and such... ok game over... next game"

What limitations do we have regarding what we can and can not do to reach this end?

how is this handled? IE: You said Deaths and Situations.

Who does that apply to and how does that work?

Who is beyond our reach is there anyone "Special" after us.

What about NPC's (In case we make a few of them up)

Also:

What is the tech level of the weapons and implants. There are several 'tech styles" to cyberpunk. So I wondering what we are going to be playing with.

What are the limitations of the Implants and how descriptive do I have to be. Are we playing by any set rules

IE: The Role playing Game, or just going by Novels and stories in that arena?

Also: DO we have to validate our enchantments though you? (Because they can add a ton of cheese to the game, if not kept in check)

Example:

I could say:

I have a robotic hand that generates a mono-filament thick force blade that is roughly 1 meter long and about a hand with wide. Since it is mono-filament it can slice through anything.

And combine that with an optical implant that has a multi-spectrum targeting system built into that hard links to my robotic hand and allows for pinpoint accuracy with a centimeter variant at 2400 meters away and multi-target abilities for close quarters.

or are we dealing with more "toned down" abilities or perhaps more vague abilities?

As far as weapons go:

Is this a solid shot world or a plasma, force, lazer weapons?

Any combination?

What about the rarity or limitation issues with the types of weapons: IE: Plasma can NOT be shot in water, or lazer weapons can not pas though smoke. Force weapons tend to overheat or take a long time to recharge.

Blah.. .Blah... Blah... you get the idea of what I am asking about that.

What type of money system and how much do we have. IE: Credits on chip cards, cash, coins with chips in them, Poker chip like money? What are we playing with.

You mentioned 50 Million.. what is that in relation to todays money.. is that 100,000 current dollars or like 5,000 current dollars or like 500 million current dollars?

(This helps us if we want to buy stuff)

I hope I can have caused too much trouble with my questions... just there is a lot I want to ask about this before I just jump in. Sci-Fi can be very iffy and mutable if we are all not on the same page.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Wow that’s a few questions. Ok

I'll answer some now and some later there’s a lot.

Situations. Basically you leave the vessel choose to team up with other players or travel alone. You'll describe your situation and wounds you may have and you'll head out probably best under cover of shadows. You will have to move piece by piece. i.e. you cant start your post saying. I picked up gun went to shuttle bay stole vessel and legged it to Tokyo. You’re being chased and it will take days. 50 million is a lot per person for a ganger. And a bounty hunter currency is currency and there have been lots of recession since today’s timeline so 50 million is a lot to collect per person. The bounty will go up the more you kill and the harder you are to be caught.

Deaths. Simple if a player strays from the game without just cause i.e. they stop posting to further the game they will be slain. Nothing worse then everyone waiting on someone who has left the forum or stopped playing.

In blue puzzles. basically i will write up a scenario and you'll have to get out of it. example. ten enforcers see you and head your way all mean and ready to kill. You will then have to get out of that situation. or my bounty hunter will find you and you'll have to evade him. just remember bounty hunters are hard as nails you can't simply kill them. that wont work. wound evade but killing well you'll have to really fight them and become seriously wounded. you have to remember your on the run so your not going to want too much attention.

Hope that does for now.

~Raven.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Regarding weapons well thats a common sense thing. If you know CyberPunk then you'll know those things so basically yeah.

regarding the types of weapons projectile (Solid) and plasma and laser which ever you come by first.

Oh yes but him you'll meet as the game begins. Should we get any players that is. ;)

5. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Thank you for the answers!

As for other players, well there is a lot of other RPG's going on right now that have just started, and I would guess that many people want to finish those before they commit to another.

Also, School is starting soon, which will all but annihilate the time some of the players have to invent in RPG's. As such many might be weary to commit to something they can not follow though.

Lets not forget that many families are doing the last ditch "Lets get our vacation time while we still have some summer left" type deal around now and that will also drop numbers.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

LOL!

Once 6 players have assembled the game will commence.

Just have to keep checking.

Fear not Ungood I do know how things work. I've been in charge of rpg for long time.

7. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Of that I have no doubt :D

8. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

So what exactly are the freebooters?

9. Raven

Raven Banned

A name the corperations give to those they have apprehended or have a wanted contract out on.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

I'm off anytime now. But I'd still like to join Raven, is that all right? I might be a bit late getting my character sheet in, not so sure I'll be on anytime today after this.

11. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

when is this starting? I'm going to join, but will be unable to make my first post until sunday evening (going out of town tomorrow evening).

12. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Raven, is there a particular way that we are to write our posts? For instance Carnapolis was written in first-person mainly present tense. Phoenix Colony was usually third person.

Any preference?

Fellow Players...I may be looking to team up with a player or some players whose talents and strengths compliment my character's.

13. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Good question.

14. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I'll gladly work with you. :)

15. Foxee

Ungood and I are already teamed up, however I imagine anyone who wishes to work together will travel in a loose group so there may be several of us.

I guess I'm just questioning which players will want to work together and which will be loners.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

The Game will start either tomorrow or Saturday. Falkland time.
    I will create an opening post and you can all work from there.
    What would you prefare first person or third?

There will be a few characters i.e. Bounty Hunters and assassins chasing you GM creation. I will be writing them in third person view. But I'm happy if you lot want to play in first or third. :)

17. Foxee

Kind of enjoying writing first person in Carnapolis. I could do that again here.

18. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

I was thinking about the same, could always use the practice. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if some did third and some did first, right?

19. Foxee

I won't fuss if that happens. :) Just wondered if there was an expected guideline is all.

20. Ungood

Ungood New Member

It seems we are allowed to write in the manner that pleases us the most.

21. Foxee

In that case I shall type with my toes.

22. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Ok... now that should be listed someplace next to the definition of Too Much Information.

23. katzklaw

katzklaw New Member

ROFL!

you guys are too much!

i think ima try to write in first person. i like that view.

24. Raven

Raven Banned

Basically yes, the games for your enjoyment and your the ones playing, so which ever format of writing you prefare I'm happy with.

Now I've got to go out for a bit but when I return I'll write the first post introduction scenerio, and then the game will be open to play.

Its up to you lot if you chose to work together or alone. ;)

See you when I return. ;)

~Raven.

25. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Ok, so the RP has already started and I still haven't found anyone to team up with. Does anyone want to group up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.