Tags:
  1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Suggestion Dark Mode/Theme?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Wreybies, Sep 14, 2020.

In a previous incarnation of the software (not sure if we had switched to Xenforo yet or not) there was an option at the very, very bottom of the home page that gave you two or three very generic skins you could pick for the forum.

I no longer see the option, though.

Does Xenforo offer a dark mode? Is that a thing that can happen? Perhaps as an alternate skin? Why did we live with these blinding screens for so long?

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

There is theming built-in in XenForo so it's just a matter of defining a dark theme (or finding an existing one). But that's something that only Daniel can do.

3. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I use an add-in called Dark Reader, which basically turns every web page dark. My WF looks like it has white text on a black background.

Not the Territory and Wreybies like this.
  4. Wreybies

Sweet Jebus, thank you. It's not perfect-perfect. Like, the buttons at the top of the editor pane are a bit ghostly, but my retinas thank you endlessly. :supercool:

[​IMG]

Naomasa298 likes this.
  5. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I tried that, but I find it highly lacking on mobile devices if you use that program. I actually ended up deleting it because it would flash the original bright screen everytime I switch pages on the forum, which is blinding at night when you're acclimated to the darkness on the screen. If you don't use mobile it's alright though.

6. Wreybies

I do use my phone when I'm out and about, but at home, my inner Gen-X takes over. I need a real keyboard and screen real-estate that can compensate for 50+ y/o eyes. :whistle: :-D

7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I know other XF forums that have four themes.. so it should be straight forward, but as ever we need daniel... i'm sure you know how that tune goes

Wreybies and EFMingo like this.