1. zilly

zilly New Member

Millennium Trilogy Good or Overrated?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by zilly, Mar 24, 2011.

I'm deciding what I want to start reading next. I've heard almost nothing bad about these books, so I'm anxious to read them, but I have this instinctual feeling that I wont like them and I don't know why.

I hate knowing what a story is about before I start reading it, so I'm afraid to talk to any of my friends that might give away too much or read around on the internet and come across something that could potentially ruin it for me.

I think I'm most nervous about this series because I know that, even if I don't like the first book, I'll still finish the series and then I'll just be pissed off that I read it.

When I ask if you think it's overrated, I don't mean that you think the books are terrible. With the reviews I've seen for this series, it would be overrated (to me) if you thought the series was anything less than very good.

So, what do you think?

Can you give any "if you like x, you'll love this"s?

Thanks,

2. JMTweedie

JMTweedie New Member

I personally found them a good read, make sure you take off your editing hat though. Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy them.
    The books get better with each installment. Yes they are overrated in a way, they are marketed very well. I found a few language/spelling errors in them but that was because they were translated into english by another author.

I don't really have anything to compare it with as I don't usually read the crime thriller genre that often. I just felt like I should read something other than sci-fi and fantasy for a change.

Overall, I'm glad that I read them. Even if you don't like them that much at least you would know the story and could discuss it.