1. Ashley Harrison

Ashley Harrison Active Member

Are you a fan of 'Harper's Island' ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ashley Harrison, Mar 8, 2016.

I'm a huge fan of 'Harper's Island', I seem to be in a tiny minority. It didn't garner much attention or critical acclaim. It's a shame, because there are an infinite amount of TV programmes, that get recommissioned every single year, even when the quality declines and the show loses all literary integrity. I cite 'Law and Order: Special Victims Unit', as an example of diminished merits.

Do channel controllers have a big rubber stamp for these programmes? Is that how they fly under the radar, every time a renewal comes around for these shows? Do the executives say to each other; "We better get out the seal, I've got a stack of shows that have only been on television for twenty years, even though it feels much more like forty years, I have to sign off on them immediately to make another ten series of the same story, over and over again" ? I went into 'Aporia' mode there, I'm asking a lot of rhetorical questions, sorry.

I'll just stick to my original question. Is there anyone else that likes this mystery mini-series and wishes there had been more of this type of programme made?