1. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Dear Tech Support

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by erebh, Jun 12, 2013.

INSTALLING HUSBAND 1.0

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slowdown in overall system performance — particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0, NBA 3.0. And Golf Clubs 4.1. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.5 simply crashes the system. I’ve tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,
    Desperate

Dear Desperate:
    First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System. Please enter the command: “http: I Thought You Loved Me.htm” and try to download Tears 6.2 and don’t forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, over use of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5 Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background, that will eventually seize control of all your system resources).

Also, do not attempt to re-install the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 7.7

Good Luck,
    Tech Support

2 people like this.
  2. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I would note that Boyfriend 2.0 and 3.0 were probably the best versions. 1.0 still needed some polishing. 5.0, though was very close to Husband 1.0 as far as most of the above-referenced applications.

3. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

What version of the lingerie app are you on Liz?

4. chicagoliz

That one got deleted years ago. We needed more memory for all sorts of other applications.

5. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

KaTrian has reported that subtle hint 1.0 sometimes helps run chocolate 9.5 which usually improves customer satisfaction.

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm on a Mac running Gay Hubbies X, Version 10.8.1. Though the system is lauded for smooth operation, and I would frankly never consider the competing platform, I do occasionally find program conflicts when running certain apps. TV Watch 5.3 seems to sometimes run in triplicate and I have to manually close one or two windows I didn't realize were running in the background hogging system recourses. Also, Kitchen Clean 4 doesn't work at all. I try to get it to run from both sides of the interface, but nothing. Interior Design 7.2 is a mess! I do one thing, the program does another. There's no coherence.

Any help?

7. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I downloaded wife 1.1 and it erased all of my memory and crashed my system. Every time I try to open an application all I get are lists.

1 person likes this.
  8. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Wish I could help with the troubleshooting, but I can't even run a search engine without an impromptu appearance of the Blue Screen of Death.

9. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Still in search of a good Girlfriend Application. Got one in mind but not sure if I have the required operating environment to run it.

I'm currently running Bachelor 3.7 and Pre-Adulthood Terror 9.1

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Unfortunately, the upgrade from Pre-Adulthood Terror 9.1 to Adulthood Terror 1.0 is a mandatory one if you want your system to operate at full capacity. The interface difference can be a gigantic pain in the rear end to learn too, but it does have some incredibly amazing optional features, like Money 2.1, Self Realization 2.7, Attractive to the Opposite Sex 4.5, and whatever the latest version of Can't Ground Me Anymore is.

11. Garball

Anybody know anything about Bachelor 36. I keep getting the error message "D Force – Quit Now" when trying to use Wife 1.1 for other applications.

12. chicagoliz

The big problem I've had with Husband 1.0 is that it is very susceptible to the Bitch & Moan virus. That opens up more often than not while running Husband 1.0, at least for me. The early versions of Boyfriend seemed to be immune to that.

Also no version of Kitchen Clean operates here.

13. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Hot finger food 3.1 and lingerie 7.7 (can be purchased together and usually on special) can wipe all memory of the Bitch and Moan virus and guarantees at least the limited trial version of Kitchen Clean.

14. Garball

I've heard that you can keep all operating systems more efficient by running Sex 1.01 on a regular basis. I can't seem to find it anywhere, though. It might not be available where I am and I don't want to get it second hand.

15. chicagoliz

Tried that. Also Garball's program. None of that eradicates the Bitch & Moan virus. It's a nasty one. It keeps coming back no matter what other programs are installed.

Also, switching from Child 1.0 to Children 2.0 made everything slower.

16. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

If you're running an older machine saving your data to a floppy, you need to upgrade to a HDMI slot and play solitaire.

1 person likes this.
  17. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I've heard that upgrading to Social Life 5.0 and Adjusting your Attitude settings (they're kinda hard to find, you really got a dig through sub-menu's to get to them) can help.

18. Garball

There are a couple aspects of Social Life 5.0 that are useful, but I don't like having to download all of the different devices and constantly checking for updates. If there was some way to take the best parts of SocialLife 5.0 and combine them with MomsBasement 4.0, that would be cool and you would never have to worry about using all of that disc space for Child 1.0 or Children 2.0

19. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

dear universe tech support:
    how can i delete the pesky, war-making human male gender from planet Earth, permanently?... i've tried what you said, followed all the steps perfectly, but they're still here, no matter what i do, and they're ruining everything...

signed, earth mother

Dear earth mother:
    I regret to have to inform you that my supervisor has advised me that such an action is beyond our control, as the items in question were installed by the original program designer, from whom we purchsed the system.

Yours truly,
    Ray Sunshine, for Universe Tech Support

20. chicagoliz

Awwww --- I'm glad they can't be un-installed. I really like the males. Yes, some programs can be problematic, and sometimes they create other issues, but overall, they make the system work better than if they weren't around. For the good of the operating system, it's best to keep as closely as possible to a 1:1 ratio of each gender program.

1 person likes this.
  21. Wreybies

I would also like to add that my platform does not function at all without the Intel Falichip 1.9. I know the Gay Hubbies X platform is not the one used by most people, and we occasionally get accused of that strange "knowing glance" we may give one another when we spot other users of the platform at Starbucks and other venues, but the system does provide a valuable alternative venue of communication when Husband 1.0 crashes and refuses to reboot. Can't tell you how often I've been asked to connect via remote to trouble-shoot a crashed Husband 1.0. ;)

22. chicagoliz

Just to be clear, I like all the males, regardless of which platform they use. I judge them solely on the other applications they choose to run. "Being a Dick" is very popular. I haven't seen you run that one, Wreybies.

23. Wreybies

I downloaded it once via torrent. I just couldn't see investing in buying the whole package. It was more trouble than it was worth. Took me forever to clean up the little hidden files it had placed in unexpected parts of my system.

And while we're on the subject of Gay Hubbies X.... Though there can be no denying that Gal-Pal 3.7 is the very best system to locate and install New Girlfriend 2.0 (and subsequent versions), Gay-Buddy 10.8.3 does a pretty damned good job as well. If I'm not mistaken, both apps were written by the same person at Wingmon®.

24. chicagoliz

All good programs. The 1:1 ratio I referenced earlier was a world-wide ratio. Not a household ratio.

25. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I found the LiveTogether programs much more economical. When 3.0 crashed it didn't cost an arm and a leg to replace it with the Singles program and the warranty was good for Child 1.0 maintenance even though I had to take the company to court to get the warranty enforced.

1 person likes this.