1. Johny Swift

Johny Swift New Member

Let's make a novel

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Johny Swift, Jun 13, 2011.

Okay, this is a lot like the three word story idea, except each turn should be roughly one paragraph, and if you weren't the last person to post something, feel free to post again. Hopefully we don't get two people posting at once, and doubling up. Only time will tell ;)

Since it's my thread, I'll go first :D

I came too on the floor, my mind reeling. I can't belive that anyone would dare try such a thing! After all these years, all we had built! How could anyone want to take all this away?! I staggered to my feet, a small pool of blood on the floor where my head must have hit the ground stared back at me.

2. JimFlagg

JimFlagg New Member

I have seen this done on other forums. Its not really a novel, more like a fan fic and a RPG mixed together but they can be a lot of fun. Looks like a present tense first person; I'm game.

Anger began to well up inside of me as I thought back on all of the things things I did for that man. This is how I get repaid. I should have taken Jane's advice.

3. R3volv360

R3volv360 New Member

Unfortunately it was too late for that now, as Jane was probably already across the border, as I should have been. I hit the floor out of anger and was surprised when it sounded hollow.

4. vicizmax

vicizmax New Member

I looked around the floor, stunned. Hollow? Perhaps if there I was a latch somewhere. Yet I found nothing. Of course I found nothing, this didn't make any sense, this was the ground floor, with no basement. There should be nothing but ground under the hard wood floor. I stood up, only to feel dizzy from the blow I had received on my head. I sat back down, annoyed at the inability to proceed. I tried once more, rising slowly this time. I simply had to find a way to see what was underneath! I proceeded to

5. CottonCandi

CottonCandi Active Member

to crawl to the kitchen for some asprin, that's when I saw it. A tiny little indention in the floorboard. Not very big, just enough for the tip of a finger but it was there. I slid over and sure enough my finger fit perfectly. As soon as I touched it I felt it give and then

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I opened it. There was a neatly folded letter that was old, worn. Gently, I took it out, unfolded it and read it. It said

7. T.N.Korgan

T.N.Korgan New Member

Dear Rupert,

I'm not sure I'll have the guts to give this to you before I go. We've done so much together, but I just don't love you the way you want. I really hope they take it easy on you. You don't deserve this. I'm going to join my true love and we'll depart this planet. I'd advise not looking for me. It'll only lead to more pain.

I'm so sorry,
    Jane

8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

"<EXPLEEEEEEEETIVVEE!!!!>" I roared as my hands shredded the damned letter into peices. So the woman didn't love me? Fine. Fine! I don't love her either! All I wanted to do now was find out who "they" were and learn if they had any connection to her. So I

9. seelifein69

seelifein69 Active Member

looked around for my cellphone. It was still in my back pocket from whenever I had last been concious. I dialed the number to the only friend I could trust, "Markus, Markus! Are you there? I need you to do me that favor you promised me a few years ago. I think I'm in a holding facility."

10. Cerrus

Cerrus New Member

I waited for him to reply only to hear a beeping sound emit from the phone. I looked at it's screen to read, "Connection Lost". I threw the phone across the room. It was useless. Furious, I clenched my fist and punched the wall. The wall took no damage and my fist now roared with pain.

11. Blue_Lotus

Blue_Lotus New Member

Suddenly a white light surrounded me, dizzy I look around and notice I am standing on a beach, but it was unlike any beach I have ever seen before. A purple sky roiling with black clouds greeted me, a tunnel of light stood in the distance, and the Sea a clear turquoise is flat as glass.

12. Cerrus

Cerrus New Member

I stepped forward on to the water, and amazingly it was as if I was walking across a flat sheet of glass. Walking toward the tunnel of light my steps increased in speed. Just before reaching the shining pillar of light the water under my feet shattered. Falling into a pitch black abyss I closed my eyes. No longer feeling the weightlessness of free falling I opened my eyes to see what had happened. I was back in the holding cell only for some reason my vision was blurred. I looked down at my hands and noticed many scars under my forearm showing signs of much syringe use. Trying to form words but my speech was slurred, "I've be, been dru...ged". My body fell to the floor.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that was so long. Eventually I just had to stop myself :p