1. Jess Hughes

Jess Hughes Member

Describe your MC!

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Jess Hughes, Oct 30, 2016.

I love getting to know other main characters and have just finished a brief outline for my MC, so I would love to hear yours! My story is high fantasy, so I've made up races (Faichenes, Taiwogian, Tradrelese, Vlaclish, Slaclovian, Dok, Prai and Esik). I still have A LOT of work to do, this is simply a very quick outline for my main character:

Name: Eletha Faenan
    Race: Faichenes of Aesis
    Specialization: healer
    Height: 5ft7
    Weight: Around 120lbs
    Hair: White blonde, completely straight, down to bottom of ribs
    Eyes: dark green
    Birthplace: Damerel
    Appearance details: slender but strong, scar on her eyebrow from an animal attack when she was young, freckles, slightly turned up nose.
    Dress: healers wear a long, light yellow dress with long sleeves, the dress is relatively plain except for a pattern on the chest area.
    Dominant character trait: very intelligent
    Contrasting character trait: little self confidence
    Family: Rubrae Faenan (mother, also healer), Dakath Faenan (father, spymaster), Larrel Faenan (brother, hunter)
    Extra information:
    • low temper, prone to outbursts but can calm herself down quickly afterwards.
    • Has a talent for herb gathering and botany, very knowledgeable of the plants found all over the world.
    • Her aim is to help heal the soldiers in the fight against the Taiwogians and Slaclovians as she is very loyal to her race, but she is also interested in the enemy races and wants to learn more. She is very conflicted between this loyalty and curiosity.
    As you can see this is not very fleshed out yet, but I am very excited about it and would love to hear all about your main characters!

Seraph751, Parker101 and hawls like this.
  2. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

The main character I'm currently writing is in this supernatural, romance novel. It's more modern day, so there's nothing too overwhelming in the whole thing.
    But his name is Arin, he's in his early 20s throughout the progression of the story, which takes the place of a few years. He starts off as a shut in, dropping out of college, even though he's scored over a 140 in his IQ tests. He's a bit on the short size, around 5'4", and has short, bed head hair that's a light brown. Unless he's forced to go outside, he's always in his 'comfy' clothes, which normally is an oversized t-shirt, big fluffy pants, slippers/slipper socks and a huge oversized sweatshirt. (he likes things that are bigger than him)
    When anyone first meets him, he's very anti-social and tends to scare people off. He doesn't like to talk, and it's usually a struggle to try and actually get him engaging with anyone. However, once he's determined that they mean well, or they actually are interested in hearing him talk, he's one of the better people to get along with. He's interested in almost everything, and he thinks so fast he tends to overwhelm people with what he knows. However, that's one of his better points, as he's always ready to listen and he sure as hell won't let a matter settle until he figures out the best way to help that person.
    The main thing that he's struggling with is definitely his level of intelligence, his sexuality, and his social inability. There are some days that he just can't handle the day and tends to lock himself in a dark room so he can just brood and let his brain run amok. This is where he heavily depends on his friends and loved ones to help him, as if he's allowed to do this for too long, he won't stop for a full week, or even longer.

Seraph751, Shbooblie, jannert and 2 others like this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Blade is in his early thirties , he 'volunteered' for the recon teams as an alternative to 15 years hard labour for killing a money lender and enforcers who had murdered his wife and child.

He has been fighting beyond the wall for the last five years and has run over 50 missions ( you get the right to retire or take rear echelon job once you've run 20). Brave to the point of recklessness, as the story starts he is also slowly falling apart inside as a consequence of all the bad things he's seen and done , and the lack of anything to care about outside of running recon (his relationship with the female MC , Keri, cures both of these but replaces them with a fear of anything happening to her)

physical description is lacking but Keri describes him thus on first meeting "up close he was all wiry muscle and scar tissue , the only fat in his body was from the disgusting burger at lunch"

Jess Hughes and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  4. Miller0700

Miller0700 Contributor Contributor

Since this is a superhero ensemble story I have six:

Name: Dante West
    Race: African-American
    Power: Flight/Power of electricity
    Brief Background: A Special Forces member along with his other members of his team who end up getting kidnapped by ISIS forces. He and his team will be tortured unless a deal is made with US forces whose base is stationed not too far from their location to leave the area permanently. After drastic measures he is forced to escape and reveals his powers to not only the ISIS forces, but to his comrades who stormed the town looking for them.

Name: Ernie Baxter
    Race: Caucasian
    Power: Possession
    Brief Background: A former cop who use his power and various clues to find his recently missing daughter.

Name: Felicia Sangria
    Race: Mexican
    Power: Fire
    Brief Background: Born from a drug cartel. Father looks out for her, but she wants nothing to do with the lifestyle. Desperately wants her brother to get out of the business. Family is wanted by the Mexican Federal Police, the DEA and the FBI.

Name: Frank Ellis
    Power: Duplication
    Brief Background: Wants a normal life with his kids and wife, but financial pressure forces him into the criminal underground in secret. When he finds a better job he now wants out before he’s arrested, but to his boss it’s not that simple and if with Frank’s special ability he poses a threat to his empire so he and his men will stop at nothing to apprehend him or destroy those around him bring him back to their clutches.

Name: Jack
    Breed: Belgian Shepherd
    Power: Super speed/agility, super strength, super healing, super intelligence
    Brief Background: A normal dog who was kidnapped by mysterious forces and was given super powers including higher intelligence and the ability to talk fluently. His story resides in finding out who did this to him and getting back to his owner who he loves dearly.

Name: Kristie Castillo
    Power: Phasing/Invisibility
    Brief Background: Joins the team after the second volume. Got bored with her life as a waitress and decided to “spruce” up her life.

Jess Hughes likes this.
  5. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Arthur: a twat. Physically he is just below average in height, with a wispy build and black hair. He loves to let everyone know that he is King Arthur but gets the job done a lot nicer than Lu does.
    Lu: She just likes to feel like she is helping and makes sure justice is served, no matter what the cost. Her moral compass is a bit broken and will harm anyone to make sure the majority are happy. I've not put too much thought into what she looks like as she is the POV so there's not much chance for her to say what she looks like nor much need. I do like to imagine her with brown wavy hair though.

Seraph751, ToDandy and Jess Hughes like this.
  6. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

I feel like we just did this...
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/character-biography.147705/

But I guess, since we're going for it here too:

Piper: Has no idea who she is. Thought she knew, turned out she was wrong. Trying to figure it out, she makes a lot of really bad mistakes. Really, really bad. She wants to find somewhere she can live in peace, but she's getting in way over her head in her search. Strong relationship with her mother. Has a bad habit of running from big problems instead of facing them.

Jess Hughes likes this.
  7. Jess Hughes

Jess Hughes Member

Wow I love this character! He seems so ordinary and relatable but also has an unusual twist to him! I love it :D

CrossWiredGarden likes this.
  8. Jess Hughes

Jess Hughes Member

Didn't see this post, sorry :unsure: Love the idea of your mc, she sounds really interesting!

9. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Corrin of Dubh Lodd is a "Thurston" in The House of Nerin, a small cult that inhabits a large swamp and is the singular faith there. He is relatively tall and has a lanky build, though his training has forced some athleticism into him. Said training involved two languages, combat, survival skills, negotiation and cultural studies. This is because his job is to ensure that, when the cult sends expeditions out, the scholars can work in peace. He ensures they're safety via diplomacy or fighting. Personality wise, he favours diplomacy, believing violence to be a last resort. However, he is something of a social manipulator, attempting to predict what people will do and how to react to it.

Jess Hughes likes this.
  10. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell Banned Contributor

My MC trains herself 70 hours a week, to the extreme. A self imposed torture. Religious dieting, same time to bed every night, same time waking up. Doesn't train to fight what is, but what could be. She can't stand the idea of some alien of her imagining being stronger, who she believes are lower forms of life. Any species that is not her own is deemed inferior and is to be ruled. To her mind in the cosmos, some warrior is potentially working harder, so she figures she must do the most. She asks herself why she should be afraid of anything. Rather her enemies should all fear her. She is completely self taught as she is extremely stubborn and arrogant and refuses to receive teaching or teach others. Believes it's every free person's privilege to self improve. She has a huge messiah complex and believes she represents every one of her people. She takes sole responsibility for her society's mistakes, and the defence of the entire continent. If they're invaded, it's her fault and no others. Doesn't matter that she isn't a queen or that she's quite young,, doesn't matter that they have armies and captains. There are no excuses.

jannert and Jess Hughes like this.
  11. EnginEsq

EnginEsq Member

I can't really describe my MC, other than a few of her physical characteristics. That's because she grows up during the decades her story spans, and is a very different person at the end - physically and emotionally - than when the story starts.

I can say that she loves fruit-filled donuts. A lot. That never changes.

Jess Hughes and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  12. taariya

taariya Member

Elias is a sardonic, opinionated, non-committal journalist who spends much of his time lost either in books or his own thoughts. Convinced that he's going to die young like his father and grandfather before him, he delights in earthly pleasures and short-term gratification while frequently, privately despairing over the sense that he hasn't accomplished anything and may die before he does. This internal conflict is only amplified by his learning more about his paternal family and recognizing the stark contrast between the upright, dutiful lawyers and doctors and businessmen that were his ancestors and himself--the aimless, impulsive young man with little compulsion to settle down or become an upstanding member of society. He is thus vulnerable to anything or anyone that might reconcile this dilemma, which drives the story.

Physically, he's about 5'11 and lean with shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes. He never knows how to dress for any given occasion and defaults to a jacket - shirt - jeans - shoes formula, switching materials and styles to give the appearance of greater formality.

He's got a polarizing effect; some people fall for his charm-on-demand routine and others dismiss him as a flake and a phony. He cares more about the people around him and the events of his life than he'd like to let on, even to himself, for fear of becoming too emotionally invested or attached to anything. He prefers walking and train rides to driving because they allow more passive observance of one's surroundings, introspection and wandering thoughts, and book reading.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  13. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Kishore Cheruvalath is a strong-willed man who turned his back on a lucrative career in the pharmaceutical industry to spend his days renovating a dilapidated house while operating a medium-sized chain pharmacy as his day job. He's a man with a background of both rigorous science and acute business acumen, so he doesn't shake easy - even though he's starting to suspect that his new home just might be haunted.

jannert and Jess Hughes like this.
  14. Parker101

Parker101 Member

Well, my MC isn't quite as visually exciting as yours, but I'm pretty pleased with how he's shaping up...

Name: Stan Parker (not named after me, my account is named after him)
    Specialization: Private detective
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 180lbs
    Hair: Dark brown, shot through with streaks of grey
    Eyes: Slate grey
    Birthplace: Torbay City, England
    Appearance details: Tall and athletic with sloping shoulders, gaunt face with narrow eyes and a long, jagged scar on his right cheek. Huge tattoo of an angels wings on his back, which he hates and wants to remove.
    Dress: Generally shirts and ties, with a long tailored trench coat over the top
    Dominant character trait: Fearless
    Contrasting character trait: Cold and uncaring
    Family: Mother dead and father walked out when he was young, wife and infant son killed in terrible accident some ten years previous to when my story is set.
    (It takes place in a fictional megacity in England about 30 years into the future, I like to think he's a product of the harsh world he lives in)

Jess Hughes likes this.
  15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Syrilious, Marckus Rank: Ober-Commander (Star and three crescent moons on collar, same authority as 3 star General)
    Height: 1.93 Meters
    Weight: 83.91 Kilos
    Hair: N/A
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Birth Place: Terra
    Appearance: Severely scarred from incendiary attack as a Captain, and is hairless over most of his body as a result of the
    extent of his injuries. Hard features, and heavily muscled. Is also littered with scars from bullets, knives, and shrapnel.
    Dress: Dog tags, black tank top, black BDUs (currently in Martian Colonial black and red BDUs), black web belt, black
    heavy duty issued boots, and gas-mask to keep people from staring at his heavily scarred face. Carries a shoulder holstered
    antique .50 Desert Eagle and a Centurian combat knife with a forked blade. Heavy armor trench coat, currently adorning
    Martian Colonial heavy combat armor.
    Dominant Trait: Confident
    Contrasting Trait: Has a kind heart (Though he hides his softer side most of the time)
    Family: Adopted Father Ex-Military Captain Deceased when Marckus was in his 30's, when he was promoted to Captain and
    was gifted the Desert Eagle. Adopted daughter and war orphan, First Star General Zlada "Red Wolf" Volkov. He found her crying
    at the age of 6 years old in a bombed out house in the village of Irkutsk, Siberia. Raising her as his own, as he did not like the
    thought of her being raised by the state. She joined the service much to his displeasure, but fights under his command as a
    sniper.

Graxis, B. Rank: Captain, recently promoted to Major
    Height: 2.16 Meters
    Weight: 123.83 Kilos
    Hair: N/A
    Eyes: Light Green
    Birth Place: Centuria
    Appearance: Reptilian, lean and muscular, dark matte bronze scales, tail. Looks like a predatory dinosaur with humanoid features.
    Dress: Black BDUs, belt, boots. Dog tags . Semi-Formal tucking in his fatigue blouse. Combat: Fully body alloy armor, twin short swords
    across his lower back, coil SMG low on right thigh, 15mm Confed Pistol holstered just above the swords.
    Dominant Trait: Philosophical
    Contrasting Trait: Rare Occasion slips into Rage.
    Family: Mother and Father live on a farm on the outskirts of the Capital City on Centuria, and are proud of their son.

Burvonn, Corlixia (Mother Confessor) Rank: Corporal (Centurian Defense Force or CDF for short)
    Height: 1.75 Meters
    Weight: 61.23 Kilos
    Eyes: Deep Azure Blue
    Hair: Bright White
    Birth Place: Unknown
    Appearance: Pale blue skin, eyes 50% larger than humans, slender delicate hands, four legs, soft highly feminine features,
    medium large breasts, toned body since joining the service. Hair was mid-length, but is much shorter since it was shaved off.
    Dress: Same as Graxis. Combat: Slung coil SMG, coil pistol on right hip, Centurian trench knife left hip, and slung Med-Pack.
    Pilots a 5 meter tall Medium Armor war-frame, hand held Light Coil Cannon (4x Box-Magazine 75rounds , 108mm light field
    mortar (20 Shells) mounted right shoulder, and stacked 15 Rocket Pod battery, and 10 Anti-Armor Missile battery mounted
    right shoulder. Combat Blade magnetized outside right calf.
    Dominant Trait: Quantum Computing Intellect
    Contrasting Trait: Inquisitive and Curious
    Family: None. She has no idea or memory of where she came from. Last place known to inhabit is planetoid Ceres in the outer-rim
    Sol System, and revered as a Goddess by the primitive insect like natives. She thinks she is a natural creature with parents, and a
    true home planet. Though she has no idea she was bio-engineered by an ancient and dying race. Some of the more notable genetic
    make up of her is tetra-helic DNA (carbon and silicon spliced). Carbon Nano-tube endo-skeleton, two hearts, no reproductive organs
    despite having fully functional genitalia. And skin that is a living rubber like membrane that mimics skin, by having pores and
    fine hairs. Though all she knows is that of the hearts and her genitalia, beyond that she is clueless about her own body.

Jess Hughes likes this.
  16. PrincessBLJack

PrincessBLJack New Member

My story is high fantasy as well, so there are many made up races and nations. I love my characters and there more depth to them than I can get into right now. My story has two main characters and shifts perspectives in the 3rd act.

Name: Candidty "Candy" Jane
    Ethnicity: Half Ercatish (coming from the Empire of Ercata) Half Burdish (Empire of Burduct)
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 75 lbs
    Hair: Light blonde, straight and thin. Just slightly goes past her shoulders.
    Eyes: deep blue
    Birthplace: the small village of Duxton in the Burduct Empire
    Appearance details: a bit thick but not too thick. Light skin. Has a slight natural glow to her.
    Dress: average villagers clothes. A blouse, skirt, and a small cape when traveling. Usually wears bright colors: white, pink, bright blue.
    Dominant character trait: Compassionate
    Contrasting character trait: Gullible
    Family: Marsha Jane (mother, deceased, was a travelling merchant), Victin Jane (father, deceased, was a toy maker), Lacitha Jane (elder sister, soldier in the Burduct Army) Razelle the Enchantress (teacher/mother figure, sorceress)
    Extra information:
    - She is a genius in the ways of magic, but to her magic is a hobby.
    - She is kinda dumb when comes to things that are not magic or toys.
    - She awkward in social situations. While not completely asocial, she often show disinterest in topics besides toys and magic, and is usually very quiet.
    - She was taught to use a rare form of spell casting called Spirit Combining, that purely uses one spirit to cast magic and doesn't use staffs, wands, books, circles, or spell names.
    - She is a pure Elementist and can only cast element magic.
    - She has invented a spell called The Ultimate Element, that is a whitish glowing substance that burns whatever it touches with white fire. Whatever it touches turns to colorful dust called Rainbow Ash. Candy can barely cast the spell however.
    - She goes on an adventure to find somebody to help stop an invasion from other dimensional beings. Mostly she is looking for her elder sister.
    - Loves pecans

The main character of the 3rd Act and possible spin-off stories
    Name: Bellel Gelas (Black Jack)
    Race: Armagedite
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 112lbs
    Hair: Long flowing hair that reaches the ground. Changes color from black to blonde (she changes it to blonde to mimic Candy Jane)
    Eyes: Golden
    Birthplace: The Other World - Armageddon
    Appearance details: Skinny childish girl with pale skin. Is in great physical form.
    Dress: In dark colors, black and purple. Wears clothes that resemble royalty, Very fond of hats.
    Dominant character trait: Fearless
    Contrasting character trait: Not very smart
    Family: God-Queen Driath (mother, god, Head of the Armagedites), The Armagedites (siblings, they are all related to each other)
    Extra information:
    - Black Jack has the power to control darkness, and the essence of darkness itself.
    - Like all Armagedites, she can shapeshift. Often taking the form of a young woman. Her true form has never been seen by human eyes.
    - Like all Armagedites, she is immortal, and is reborn back home if killed.
    - She is called Black Jack by Candy Jane, who couldn't remember her actual name.
    - She is a goofball who says and does silly things just because she can.
    - She is the beloved leader of the Armagedites and is very well liked among the people.
    - Her appearance resembles Princess Zirat of the Kingdom of Allica, but she changes some stuff to resemble Candy Jane later on so that she looks like a mix of the two.

Jess Hughes likes this.
  17. NoGoodNobu

NoGoodNobu Contributor Contributor

Llia Kazmir is naturally pretty, but in a raw potential sort of way that needs just a bit of polish. The right haircut or proper clothing to flatter her figure or better posture or attitude when walking, just a little extra something that she refuses to give herself.

I don't have any plans on specifically describing any of these details, but in my head she has a rich hazelnut skintone and deep brown hair with a strong red tint in tight corkscrew curls (which she dry brushes into a frizzy fit). She has hazel green/brown eyes that blend to appear amber. She's tall for a girl, 5'10, but without the slim build that renders it willowy, column, or modelesque. She has broad shoulders and substantial hips so that she could be deemed an hourglass figure, only with a long torso that more gradually curves in at the waist instead of a more sudden drastic pinch. She tends to wear clothes that drape her figure rather than hug her curves, which often gives the impression of just being thick. Her clothes are often more fashionable than functional, yet more functional than flattering. Just enough effort to avoid accusations of not trying, but not enough to meet her potential.

She's naturally superstitious, which shows in her careful observance to proper procedures & behaviours to ward off badluck and respect the supernatural. However, she tends to play it off in a tongue-in-cheek manner, often making fun of the ritualistic acts, reactions, & practices as she performs them, as though it's all in good fun or some sort of elaborate game with strange but strict rules. Most write it off as her being quirky, although her best friend plays along with her for the fun of it.

Her greatest superstition is the power within names. She believes they have the power to determine the personality and/or destiny of the individual, and to ultimately influence their path & destinations. Unfortunately, she has great enmity with her given name, as she associates it strongly with the Biblical figure of Leah (from the Hebrew for "weary" or the Chaldean for "mistress") and believes she has been curst with always being second best, second choice, or overall found inferior or less desirable. And while she intentionally goes by "Kaz" taken from her surname to escape use of her birth name, she also instinctively restrains all her pursuits and endeavours. If she doesn't push herself or aim for better, she won't ever be disappointed. She settles herself for just enough and never more.

However, she is relatively intelligent (no genius but a bit above average), though decidedly witty. However, even though she's quick with quips, retorts, and clever comebacks, she'll often let decent time elapse before saying these aloud. Often she gets a strange amusement from the befuddlement or exasperation from the other person when she finally says something, so ridiculously late & no longer of consequence. But when she's actually actively angered or upset, they come out freely and often more venomously (which is how those close to her know she's quicker then she generally lets on).

She adores and idolizes her best friend, Othelia, and goes above and beyond to make sure she is cherished & protected. Othelia is breath-taking, extremely clever, quick witted, but rather fragile as she has a repeating history of heartbreak, betrayal, and abondment starting from her father to all the men in her life, with the inclusion of a few female "friends" that turnt out not quite so friendly. As a result Othelia is rather guarded and acts independent—Kaz is the only except. Othelia truly trusts and opens up to her, and Kaz feels validated in being something of her white knight.

Othelia is seemingly effortlessly everything Kaz refuses to strive towards, and therefore Kaz feels a sense of relief in having the "curse" of her birth name fulfilled by their relationship and contents herself to being decidedly inferior to her best friend. There's no competition, so she needn't bother competing. And this is deemed a safe arrangement as it was accepted by Kaz at the onset.

But—despite being the lesser of the two friends when placed in direct comparison to Othelia—Kaz is actually the only one considered of consequence and has no competition for the affections & trust of Othelia. In that way, Othelia actually meets the hidden longing of Kaz to be someone's first choice & favourite. Therefore, Kaz goes above & beyond to ensure she never lets Othelia down, disappoints or hurts her. Kaz goes to ridiculous lengths to protect Othelia from others and to be everything they never could.

So despite the two loving each other endlessly, the relationship is essentially unhealthy.

Kaz is 24 years old, had dropped out of university a few classes shy of graduation, and has been working as a filing clerk at her uncle's law firm.

I don't actually have too much on her (or Othelia, who is actually the other main character the story follows) because most of it is assumed or else is inconsequential as it is meant to be a short story (possibly novella, we'll see) and is being written merely as a gift to my best friend. It unabashedly steals and combines plots of three known stories/films that my best friend wanted written with these two characters and which I had no qualms in doing as it is really only intended for her entertainment anyway. It doesn't strictly follow the other plots, as it converges and diverges as fancy dictates and in the end goes somewhere else entirely; however, you'd be hard pressed to read it and not go "Wait a minute, isn't this from ____?"

18. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I really like the sound of this guy. You seem to understand him well. There is definitely a story here, trying to get out. I'm already interested in what happens to him. "He likes things that are bigger than him," is a particularly intriguing thing to say about your character. I'm hooked.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  19. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Ditto what @jannert said - this guy sounds adorable. I'd read his story :blowkiss:

20. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Maya could be described with one word: cheerful. Her smile and the carelessly fallen hair upon her face hair, while she was flying over woods and mountains with the broom made her look so that a man involuntarily smiled, and if he was a true man - sighed... Her body toned from the hours of riding the broom looked supple as well as fine, there wore forms to catch, and inspire a man, and the broom she rode absolutely naked, with only a black garter on the left thigh. She looked so sexy, it was a pity that no one could see her.

She was a youthful, wise woman and knew the wonderful virtues of the plants. And she was ancient like the dreams. In this reincarnation, she lived into a metropolitan city called Auch Orc in a state, where gambling was not allowed, and she was the owner of a modest casino on a yacht in the lake, which was politically a neutral territory. Every Tuesday evening the grannies of Auch Orc went to the casino. They ordered martinis with olives and looked at each other with bluffing faces while holding their cards in front of their painted lips and giggled loudly. It was a rabble of auld sorceresses of a sort.

Maya was a friend to the auld sorceresses but she was young like the Dawn, although she had lived in Auch York from its very colonization. Now the metropolitan city overflew the lake with places of entertainment, and in its center high buildings rose, and in front of its museums statues of lions napped, and in its suburbs, farmers lived, but there was something peculiar about Auch Orc. Beside it, there was a forest.

21. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

William Reus - he was forced to grow up too fast, too soon, and fell with the wrong crowd when he was young. He's never had a father, rather he has had a string of men come in and out of his house, all of them his mother's uncommitted lovers as she spirals mentally and emotionally. Will takes responsibility for his mother and makes sure they're fed and clothed, and gets things done in whatever way works. Crimes are certainly not beyond him, and he might have lost himself if it wasn't for what happened to him when he was seventeen - something that cost his friend his life, and Will blames himself. The incident plagues him, and he hides his past and his guilt from all he meets.

One could say he lost his way after what happened, or one could say it was for the best, because it put him on the straight and honest path and he spends his energy trying his best to help and serve those around him, to protect them, to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake again that could be so costly. At his core, he's just a man trying to find his way through life, and life's dealt him a rotten lot. Some days he feels like he's drowning, crushed by his responsibilities and his guilt, his need to continue and not give himself a break. He finds solace in nature, in the flowers and the quiet and the river, when he's alone and has no one who depend on him, at least in that moment. Sometimes he wonders if the incident never happened, who would he be now? He feels the incident has defined him in a bad way, and the good that he does is never good enough, because the guilt still hangs over him. He no longer strives to rise above his poor background, no longer hopes for such - he just wants to get by in peace.

jannert likes this.
  22. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yes, and you've certainly hinted at what the story will contain, and what his journey will be. Again, I'm hooked, and would definitely be interested in what happens to this person. Overcoming guilt is a large issue.

Mckk likes this.
  23. PilotMobius

PilotMobius Active Member

Greg's a racist, homophobic cop working as a security officer for an ex-corporate research team who just wants to retire on a newly-discovered exoplanet. He's the descendant of a genetically engineered World War 3 soldier and has neoplasmic regeneration (basically, he has a controlled cancer that rapidly fills up bullet holes and severe injuries with tumors). Cancers in the 23rd century can be easily controlled and stopped by over-the-counter medicine, so this just causes him to age faster than regular people.

He adamantly believes in eugenics, his right to bear arms, and freemarket capitalism. Political conflicts on the exoplanet compromises his ideals, and he begins a crusade to create his personal utopia.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Dominique Parker likes this.
  24. ToDandy

ToDandy Senior Member

Toby is a twelve-year-old boy living in a foster group house. He has low confidence and keeps his head down to avoid drawing attention. He has few enemies as a result, but also just as few friends. He can be a bit of a pushover at times and much of the story revolves around him gaining self confidence.

25. Jess Hughes

Jess Hughes Member

I absolutely am in love with your characters! Beautiful description, thank you for sharing! :love:

PrincessBLJack likes this.