1. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Writing an Author's Bio for Fiction

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by S-wo, Aug 17, 2010.

Something been troubling me for a while. I've had problems writing author bios for agencies that ask for my qualifications and background for writing my book. For a work of science-fantasy I'm finding that difficult. I possess no writing awards or credentials and considering my book is fantasy I can't really compare to any of the characters as far as what they do for a living. In situations like that what is best to write. I decided to focus on my love of fantasy and what inspired me to write my novel.

2. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

That's extremely odd. Last time I refresh the page to find a helpful post deleted and part of my post removed.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sorry, but the site rules do not permit posting excerpts here for critique. You're not new to the site.

Ask a general question, but do not ask to have your bio critiqued here.

4. Phlogiston

Phlogiston New Member

I'm sorry Cogito, but that wouldn't be clear to me either. Having trouble putting together an authors bio seems to be a bang on thing to ask about in this forum.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It is, but posting a piece of writing (which a draft bio counts as) for review is only allowed in the Review Room. He's perfectly at liberty to ask for general pointers here, but not for direct critique of what he's written.

6. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Why would you want to compare yourself to your characters?

7. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

From what I've read on several articles on the net, some give examples such as it's good to mention that you're a fireman if your main character is a fireman. Things like that.