1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.

In need of some help naming a character.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Cave Troll, Sep 2, 2016.

Hello all,

I am having trouble coming up with a name for a character, and this is kind of a first.

Anywho, to keep on track. I am having a bit of a difficulty coming up with a name for a female character in her early 20's. Has red medium long red hair, freckles, adorable, and has a petite rubenesque figure with a sweet reserved demeanor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

And since I have learned anything I will provide a bit of setting to make the task much less complex. She is a secondary character that is kinda sorta attracted to one of the MCs. And to further catch you up to speed they live in a BDSM style city, only miles away from their own. She happens to be a subservient to her Mistress, that the MC does not get to see often, but also is enamored to.

So whats in a name? :) As this ability seems to escape me.

Thanks, and I look forward to your ideas of what her name should be. :supersmile:

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Any culture that you're referencing? Do the styles of the other characters' names come from any certain part of the world?

3. Cave Troll

Well not directly, but it should be fitting of the character. Pretty much open to any and all suggestion. :)

On an aside I think unless you understand the dynamic of the Lifestyle that is in the BDSM community, it would be far to complex to explain for a multitude of reasons. Instead it would be best to think of them in this light:
    They have a been named by their parents (although I don't know what that is, lest I bother to ask the question to begin with). What I can offer is that she has attended a special academy and has learned the ways of being subservient as part of her education. The MC has attended an academy of similar design, but they are segregated by sex for various rules and laws within their 'world', for lack of a better term.

So ultimately it could be anything from the average that one might encounter in the every day, to the somewhat obscure. (Their Master/Mistress cannot and does not have the authority to change their identity as far as a name is concerned.)

To your other inquiry, Mitch and Claudia hardly seem to be cultural specific. :p

4. KhalieLa

KhalieLa It's not a lie, it's fiction. Contributor

Alice. For some reason I get the feeling that she as tumbled down the rabbit hole or is about to. :)

5. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

This is one of those cases where I'd come up with a list of names that really suit the character (to get my bearings) and then go to the opposite end of the spectrum to find a name that contrasts with that. Something that says the opposite of the traits you've listed.

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. Cave Troll

@Sack-a-Doo! That is an interesting idea. :superidea:

Gonna try and give that a shot. Thanks. :supersmile:

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  7. Cave Troll

I think I have found a winner. :p

Enda - meaning bird or freedom of spirit.

Seems to just about the right fit given her place in the social situation that she is in, in their society.

8. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Glad to see you got it sorted out.

Cave Troll likes this.