1. Astein35

Astein35 New Member

Developing a background story.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Astein35, Feb 6, 2013.

I'm fequently creating new characters, and currently working on one for a Role play group on deviant art. The group has certain requirements, and one of those is to fill out an application, and on that app, to include your character's back story. I have a basic idea for mine, but it's much too short, and not very in depth, but I have no idea what else to add to it.

The story for the group is:
    The year is 2097, the economy has fallen and been reduced to nothing, everyone is out for themselves.
    In a time where whatever prominent countries had existed before have been reduced to nearly uninhabitable wastelands, a new continent has been created after much negotiation between the leaders of the world. The purpose intended for this new land, Eridanus, was to cultivate crops, raise animals, conduct new scientific experiments, discover new medical procedures, and utilize new resources in an effort to restore the world to its original glory. Along with this revitalization of resources, the world saw a rise in business..

Among the multitude of rising corporations and industries, two have managed to make their way to the top; the fruit growing and shipping company, Novak Industries; and the pharmaceutical and cosmetics company, Offered Solutions Pharmaceuticals.

However, Novak Industries is not merely a successful supplier of produce. Completely hidden from the public is the fact that the company is staffed by skilled thieves, spies and hitmen, all employed to retrieve documents and items, collect information, and to remove targeted persons.

your characters have to be made for this group, and you have to pick your class. Im choosing to make a medic.:confused: for the group medics do that standard taking care of the injured but they also develope biological weapons.

The story idea for my character:
    Before the syndicate, Vikas used to work for a company that specialized in biological and chemical drugs, in Germany. He later made the discovery that the company was working with the drug cartel. Not wanting to be involved with drug trade, or run the risks that come with it, he decided to leave and ran away to Eridanus to escape the drug trade. A few years after living there, Vikas decided to join the Syndicate so he could use his medical talents for a good cause, and actually help people who could use the help.

I just really need some help making that story more in depth, detailed, and more exciting. So if anyone could help, that would be amazing and much appreciated.

2. Xatron

Xatron New Member

There is a part i don't understand. What side is your group supposed to be on?As you wrote it it appears to be with the Novak Industries. If so then your character would be an antagonist to them since he appears not to be corrupt or immoral.
    If not, then please tell us what kind of group the Syndicate is and what you are supposed to do.

PS(Could you send me a link to check it out? Sounds fun.)

3. Astein35

Astein35 New Member

4. Astein35

Astein35 New Member

I just need the story to be more in depth. Leaning towards the new life choice

5. Astein35

Astein35 New Member

They specified that your character needs to either be related to a kid napped person, a peron seeking a new chance at life, or an ex-criminal.
    http://papayasyndicate.deviantart.com/ and for more info go here http://papayasyndicate.deviantart.co...tion-309620719

6. Xatron

Xatron New Member

You are a good man Anstein35....I would immediately go for the revenge option. Unfortunately i can't draw so it will be difficult to apply.

7. Astein35

Astein35 New Member

=P Woman. lol but thanks.