First of all, if you don't want to be informed about some of the foods you eat, stop reading now. I had a food purveyor who happens to be an ex-chef come into my kitchen while I was cleaning some fish. I was inspecting the fillets for any signs of worms that particular fish was susceptible to. The guy asked what I was doing; I explained. He then asked why bother, you can't see the worms once the fish is cooked. I told him I was no longer in the mood to have him in the kitchen. These worms pose no threat to humans upon consumption, but they are kind of gross when you find them raw. I posted the question on a cooking forum, whether you remove the parasites or not, and I was shocked to see a 50/50 split amongst cooks and chefs. I wanted to hear from the other side of the table whether you thought it to be disgusting that you might be eating parasitic worms with your fish, or if out of sight out of mind came into play. Sorry if this turned anybody off from seafood. It's just a fact of life.