1. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Diners

Discussion in 'Research' started by deadrats, Feb 9, 2017.

What are some chain diners that are pretty much everywhere in America? Also, looking for one that stays open 24-hours. Let me know if you think of any. And if you've been to these kind of places in the late/night early morning hours, how sketchy were these places during that time of day?

2. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

Waffle House (Not sure if this one is national)
    IHOP
    Denny's
    Village Inn
    Howard Johnson
    Coco's

And the sketchy factor depends largely on where in town the place is. In South Phoenix, IHOP is a hell of a lot more sketchy than one in North Scottsdale.

I can only assume it's the same in any part of the country. Bad neighborhood = sketchy late night diners.

deadrats likes this.
  3. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Thanks. I'm looking for a place for my hooker to do a quick trick and maybe get some food to go. LOL. But, for real, it's a little like that. I'm looking for something on the east coast, somewhere between Georgia any Maryland. I can look up online what's there, but if anyone has first-hand knowledge, I'm all ears.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

I'm on the west coast, and I'm not positive all of the places I mentioned are national. I'm sure someone will chime in from that part of the country.

deadrats likes this.
  5. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

I'd add Steak n' Shake, just because I love them and I believe they are now fairly common on the East coast.

Even within a single metro area there can be a big difference. Where I live there's one IHOP I'd go at any hour of the night, and another about 25 minutes away from it by car that is strictly breakfast/lunch only for me.

deadrats likes this.
  6. Dnaiel

Dnaiel Senior Member

You could use Google Earth, go around driving via Street View, and look up the stores' hours. Then you just have to adjust your mental image to the time you want.