Discussing Asili

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Wow! That post was awesome Clay! I love how you write his thoughts. Very awesome!

2. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

well that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on thew inside... :)

I was a bit worried it could be confusing with all the flash back and such, so I made sure to clearly separate the memories from the present. And I wanted to give the readers a clear impression of the emotional landscape...

3. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Got Naomi's first post up. Hope it looks good.

4. Love to Write

Excellent! I wonder who killed her mentor. Also...is Naomi in Illinois or Michigan?

5. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Near the good one, Carter. So Michigan I think. And as for who killed Rick, it wasn't left for a plot device. Just a reason for her to move on.

6. Love to Write

Ah....and Carter is in Illinios.

7. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Ah yes, I forgot... Lake Michigan isn't just next to Michigan... Aye, I stayed up too late last night... Yes, that's where I am, though not with them yet.

8. Love to Write

Haha! If you don't know where Illinois, Lake Michigan, and Michigan are in correlation with one another....i suggest googling U.S. maps and checking it out. I'm planning on having the two groups eventually meet at the very tip of Lake Michigan, then we'll see what happens from there. :)

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I've just posted, however I must admit i got a bit carried away and didn't realise the size. If you guys think its inappropriate, I can try and cut it down or post part of it later - I don't want to bog down the process with too much writing.

Fox

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Great post Fox and don't worry about too much writing.

11. Love to Write

Typically...(unless you are godmoding a scene) the more the better. Excellent first post. She is going to be quite interesting, i'm sure.

12. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

So if I counted correctly, there are three players in Illinois, and five players in Michigan (currently)?

13. Love to Write

Illinois : Colonel Garter, Naomi, Dr. Evans, Elspeth

Michigan: Samantha, Kodokuna, Dr. Sophie

Unknown: Bee

@ MRMR: What is Bee's location?

@Naturemage: What is Naomi's approximite location to Garter's caravan? Is she in the ruins of the town nearby? If so she could be found by the search team soon to be sent out by Garter for penicilin. If not, you'll have to come up with your own way to get into the group. :)

14. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Oh. Whoops my bad. I got the conversation a little mixed up I guess.

And Bee is near the Michigan caravan, according to his discussion post earlier.

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Actualy Bee is at the Lake, I thought I'd start her there and wait for others. Thats not a problem is it?

16. Love to Write

Sure. It just means you are going to be alone for a time, however.

17. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

:( Poor Bee, I'm sure she won't mind though.

18. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

My next post is up. If anyone from the Michigan caravan wants to spot Sophie coming over the hill, that's fine with me just write her in to your posts :)

19. Love to Write

I'll try and get a post up like that in a few hours.

20. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Thanks for letting me join in! Can't wait to get started! :)

Name: Kyra Shade

Appearance: Around 5’6 with a nice, curvy figure. Has long, wavy blonde hair with pink streaks mixed in. Bright blue eyes, and tan skin free of wrinkles or any imperfections, due to the amount of botox she had done. Her high cheek bones are her favorite feature, a long with her lips, surgically injected a permanent red. She wears the only outfit she owns--a creamy white turtleneck (now more of a grey), pink temp-vest cinched around her waist with a belt, and beige pants. Was able to snag some old brown men boots, to replace her broken heels. Even though they’re a bit big, she has them laced tightly around her ankles.

Personality: Kyra is a woman who adjusts quickly to her circumstances. Being poor and living in poverty at a girls’ home until she was 11, her life changed when she was adopted by an elderly couple who provided her with more than one girl should have. Her “grand-parents” both died after she turned 18, therefore leaving her with a hefty fortune. She used a large sum of it to go to hair-school and start up her own hair salon. The rest she used to make herself look the part. Since the bombings, she was forced back into her former life. Kyra is selfish, and chooses only what will benefit her, and get her closer to the life she used to live. She tries to keep a positive outlook, telling herself that her current situation is only for a short while. Appreciates beauty, and wishes to bring it to the earth again, starting with the people she encounters. Enjoys being a listening ear to gossip, giving her opinion on certain matters. Observant and cunning, yet uses her exotic appearance as a tool, fooling ones into thinking she doesn’t know a thing about survival.

Profession: Hairdresser

Supplies: Her Iphone 52 that she named Gigi. It features many interesting apps and features that include her clients information (most now dead), holographic camera, laser scanner that retrieves info on life forms, hologram GPS, and with the sound of her voice she can research anything she needs to know. It runs on a solar powered battery. Although, with no power lines the phone portion doesn’t work, the other features work by satellite. She also carries a designer leather messenger bag that holds the few belongings she had on her last day of work: hairbrush, clippers, compact mirror, hair ties, a bottle of mascara, lotion, hand-sanitizer, nail filer, sunglasses, water bottle, migraine pills, several kinds of chewing gum, and a wallet with $300--the only money she has left. Knowing she needed a weapon better than her clippers, Kyra decided to steal a bowie knife from a previous caravan, which she keeps in a hidden pocket of her bag.

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Welcome Jess. Just a thought, how are the satalite dependant portions or Kyra's phone going to work? Are there satellites left?

22. JessWrite

Hey Mr., thanks for the welcome!

I was thinking that the phone portion wouldn't work, since the phone lines were destroyed by the bombings. Certain features of her phone would still work because of space satellites. Since this is 40 years in the future, it's a more high powered phone. Though, it still has lots of flaws. It detects no damage done to anything and acts as if the bombings didn't happen. :)

23. JessWrite

Got my first post on, so excited! The other human detected can be, Bee, Naomi, or someone else depending on everyones plans. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up. :)

24. Love to Write

Hello to everyone. Just to let you all know I am going to be gone for the next 3 days. You can use my characters as NPC in the meantime. As a suggestion...(In case you guys decide to continue on while I'm gone)...I was thinking of having mutant creatures attack Matt Garter's group as they work their way through the ruins. Just a suggestion though. :) Be back soon.

25. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Regarding your most recent post @Blizzard:

Keep in mind that you can ask me via PM as to what Evan's reply to Elspeth's question would be. That way I can give you an answer, instead of making it seem completely ambiguous.

Additionally, did Elspeth just wander off on her own? And what was the 'prize' she carried back? I don't think ending the expedition so quickly is a good idea.

Just for future reference, it'd be a good idea to collaborate with other players before you make large decisions like that.