Discussing Asili

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BlizzardHarlequin

BlizzardHarlequin New Member

Elspeth wandered off on her own because she believes in herself that she's capable of doing it alone. The prize she carried back from the cabinet was her first finding in a highly dilapidated house. Plus, she isn't ending the expedition, she's going back to the main road instead of completely wandering off into the distance. She wanted to go back onto the main road so she wouldn't get lost nor would she become over encumbered with things.

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

I'm gonna have Naomi run into Garter. Just so you know. I'm sure he will find her useful :)

EDIT: Hope Garter didn't wet his pants!! LOL

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Jess - It's your choice, Kyra can come and find Bee if you want. Would be an interesting meeting :p

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

@MrMr--Yes, it would be very interesting! Is Bee still sleeping? In my next post, I was thinking of having Kyra barge in the house, trying to escape a mutant chase or something like that. ;)

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Depends what time it is when Kyra arrives, do you have an intended time?

6. JessWrite

Well, I started Kyra at around mid-morning, not sure what time you made Bee fall asleep. For Kyra to walk towards Bee would probably take her about 25-30 minutes. About 2 miles in though, I was thinking of starting the mutant chase, and the .5 mile she would run and see the house in the distance as refuge.

So, it's whatever would be more interesting...Bee waking up to a crazy woman or saving that crazy woman. Or Other. :D

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Bee went to sleep at night, we can ignore the time difference between the posts though. I can stick Bee outside so you'll run right into her.

8. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

What's happening with Asili peeps? It seems we have hit a bit of slump and I was enjoying this RPG.

9. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Extended weekend? That'd be my guess. All the RPGs fall asleep during the weekend. I know LtW was planning a post for Garter with myself included.

10. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Yup. I'll have my posts up soon. Just been crazy with midterms and housesitting and stuff.

11. JessWrite

So sorry for not writing Kyra again yet. My grad party is this Saturday so we're busy getting ready. I've got to go through 300+ pictures of me...yay.

I'll try to get a post up soon. I can't wait for her and Bee to meet! :D

12. JessWrite

Okay, got my post up! Let me know if there's anything I need to edit. I took most of the details from MrMr's previous posts. :)

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I have a post in the works which I hope to get up soon. It features W.H Clay's character so I am just waiting on his feedback and his take on the post before I put it up! :)

14. Love to Write

So...for those in Colonel Garter's group, I've thrown an interesting senario at you involving intelligent animals. Is it too hard to work with? Should I have you guys just skirt around the group and continue the journey? What are you thoughts? What would make it easier for you to continue the story?

15. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

I'm not sure. It seems out of place, and is hard to work with without further direction. Intelligent animals make sense, but when they start speaking English in a non-fantasy RPG, I feel I don't know as much as I should.

Just my opinion.

16. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

Although Senshi is not in Carter's group I would have to agree with Cheddar on this one, as a fellow writer. It just seems out of place to suddenly walk upon a intelligent animal council. For example im sure half of the animals could hear the humans blundering through the forest towards them. It could perhaps be made to work with a more unorganized feel. Such as if we stumbled upon them, discarded, in a abandoned lab somewhere. Not gathered in a circle discussing the finer points of the food chain (and in my own twisted minds-eye smoking a hookah ;)).

Basically I think it is possibly a good concept, but needs to be presented differently or a follow up post meshing them into this chaotic post-apocalyptic world of ours a bit better.

Lastly, I say this in a friendly manner, just to avoid any future resentment ;)

17. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Jeez, I wish I was with Jaxo's group. Would have given him an arrow to the face for that move. Naomi doesn't put up with bullies.

18. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

An Innocent Child

Name: Brian

Appearance: A tuft of Brian’s short, black hair always manages to wave over the right side of his forehead. Brian always wears red suspenders that connect to blue jeans with a white buttoned down shirt beneath his suspenders. A smile almost always dimples his face. Brian’s light-up shoes with racing cars have been burnt out and worn since the incident, but he still wears them proudly.

Personality: Confused about his parent’s death, Brian remains a happy, energetic child. Brian loves to play with others and roams what’s left of the Earth to find playmates. Brian is almost never sad, he brings an aura of cheer to wherever he is.

Profession: Orphan/joy-bringer.

Supplies: Brian always carries around his sippy cup in his right hand, and his bear, Joseph, in his left.

19. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Do I take silence as a no?

20. Love to Write

Hehe. I LOVE your character profile. However...I kinda killed our Rpg. The talking animal thing was a bad idea on my part. Maybe if everyone was still interested in continuing; I could edit the post about the animals and figure out a different sort of issue to deal with.
    Unfortunetly I sort lost my love for the story. It would be a hard one to continue.

The Atlantian one and Spellbound, and Orb of Pyritus are all good ones to jump into though.

All in all...I hope that the next idea I come up with will be a better one. :)

21. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Darn, I loved this idea. If there's any way I can help revive this rpg, please tell me. I'd love to help.

22. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

It wasn't completely your fault. All of the great RPGs somehow took a dive during finals week, and they never recovered. Coventry was huge since December, but once the finals hit, it never came back... Yours was going great as well, but got the Final Bug...

23. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I agree with naturemage, it was the mix of finals and then holidays that caused people to go off. Darn them for having lives :p

24. JessWrite

Yeah, I miss this RPG, it started out awesome. I'm sad Kyra didn't get a chance to sway anyone with her killer looks. I thought her and Sophie would've gotten a long well. ;)

25. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

We could still revive it, we just need people.