Discussing "New Hope"

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Sea Wolf, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Simon's hidden in a building XD not sure how Alistair could rush him, but I don't try to question creativeness. I'm sure you have an awesome idea.

However the scene works, Simon can certainly shoot at Alistair, although it'll take a while for him to open fire on him because he doesn't have a spotter (unless Alistair is in plain sight, which is probably the case since he's rushing). He would've tried to contact Kate by now, but I typically try to wait a minimum of two posts before posting for myself in order to not take over.

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Ok, I think this will all work! I'm about to post, let me know if it doesn't make sense with whats happening, I can change it up!

3. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

This is an incomplete sentence I found in your post.

Other than that, this is awesome :D. I can't wait for the specieist Simon to meet your character. Also, it appears you didn't have Simon shoot after all, which makes sense; everything was too sudden for him to get a steady aim and fire.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you fixed it, and Simon did fire. XD oopsies on my part

4. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

k i'm back

5. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

I may not be able to post for the next hour or so. I'll see if I can squeeze one in before I'm left behind in the action...

6. Pheonix

Yeah, I saw that, too lol dur. I fixed it. Re-read the last paragraph, its just a sentence...

I hope thats ok...

7. Exzalia

wow....so many things happened. I'm not sure what to do. should Kate help the sniper she was talking to? should she help the man attacking the sniper? and what should she do with the elf?

my post is going to take some thinking. any suggestions?

8. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

It certainly is :)

@Exzalia: I'm typing up my post real quick, the circumstances will probably have changed by then.

9. Exzalia

right i'll wait then

10. Pheonix

@warp : Awesome! Glad you liked it! This is the first RPG i've done that really has alot of action. :D

@exzalia : This seems like a pretty pivotal moment for your character, i'm afraid to give you advice lol :redface:

11. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Posted. It's not terribly well written imo, but it was rushed. Hopefully the message is clear.

Anyways, see y'all later :)

12. Exzalia

this will determine if she goes with the fathers or the rebels! this is so game changeing I'm afraid to write....
    if no one has any suggestions I'll go with what seems to be her safest bet.

13. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

Wow, you all blew this up while I was grocery shopping. Lol There are far too many posts to respond to at once, so let me just speak broadly.

Firstly, you all are making this incredible. The action sequences are unrivalled by virtually anything I have read before.

Secondly, the creative levels are phenomenal. Merfolk? Pixies? Supremacists? Everyone's character is complex, well thought out, and hugely entertaining.

The game is at a great high. I've got some ideas for the near future, and I'll be introducing some "command characters" soon when the action subsides.

Thanks for all the participation and entertainment thus far! I'm looking forward to the twists and turns!

14. Exzalia

it is done. Areos is going wtf and Kate and Simon are going to fight the halberd guy.
    How exsiteing.

15. Pheonix

I love everything that is happening right now! Sorry, I won't be able to post till later. Got alot of studying to do! Sorry, and I hope it doesn't put to much of a wrench in things!

16. Exzalia

I'm willing to wait for your return. Your character is going to have one hell of a fight on his hands. :)

good luck studying.

Warp: I hope you come back soon.

17. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

I, too, may be retiring for the evening. I'm not sure, though, so do your worst, NCF! :) (I also love everything that has transpired. Great character development, all!)

18. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Name: Slem No Resh
    Species: Merfolk (the Magic the Gathering kind)
    Class: Mer-Assassin
    Class Feat: MA's can use water to aid them in ways such as: blending in, changing currents, etc. Although te more they use water; the less energy they have.
    Alliance: Rebellion
    Faction: Men of the Lakes
    Weapons: A pole-arm fashioned with a king crab's claw. Shurikens fashioned out of miscellaneous jagged sea shells. A crossbow fit to launch conch shells.
    Character Background: Raised in rebel territory, Slem's hatred toward the NCF is natural. These Merfolk were strong people, but are slowly being pushes to the ghettos. Where he was raised, Slem learned many ways to be a silent killer, the first of which is not to speak of yourself or your true back story. Then they would ride unicorns, saving the day by magically spreading world peace. Do you get what I'm saying? Don't take the word of a killer.
    Appearance: Full-fledged metal body armor, beneath his blue tentacled face. He is not your Little Mermaid Merfolk. These ones are different, resembling both men an fish at the same time. A black mask shrouds his face, with tubes coming out of the mouth. Slem always has a water bubbler tank attached to his back plate.

19. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

Slem sounds great! I can't wait to see him in action. I think that his weapons, even his long range ones, have a more "melee" feel than most. I'm looking forward to seeing that brutality employed against the NCF. Welcome to the uprising!

See you in New Hope. :)

20. Exzalia

I love magic the gathering.

Yawn.... I may too retire but only if no one else posts. Honestly this is so much fun I don't want it to end.

21. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Magic the Gathering gave me the inspiration. First I thought of an awesome mythical species, I thought of Merfolk. I figured that they were too underrated and under appreciated, so I stepped it up. First post will be tomorrow, walking straight into action.

22. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

You know, I have never played Magic. I've always been more of a D&D player myself. A few people I work with play Magic, though, and they speak highly of it. I'm glad you're bringing something so unique (at least to me) to the game!

Exzalia, I don't want it to end, either, but all good things must... at least, for now! I will be somewhat busy at work tomorrow (I've got a network upgrade to get started. Procrastination is my crucial flaw!), but I will try to get a few posts up.

23. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Wow - I come back from my super-secret activity and there's a new character awaiting me! Simon can't wait to rupture Slem's water tank with a bullet, er, greet him.

24. Exzalia

don't forgget he is getting (At least for now) a new ally
    Kate!

25. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

That is if you haven't already drowned in the water tank...