1. antwest

antwest New Member

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by antwest, Dec 20, 2006.

This book rocks!
    I recommend this book to everybody I meet who indicates the slightest interest in reading.

Without giving away any of the important stuff - it is NOT a sci-fi story at all, but essentially a story about everyday life as we know it, where a man and a woman come together in the most amazing way.

Time travelling in this context is a strange thing that happens to Henry, which is bizzarre in context, yet such an acceptable idea in the story.

It will make you laugh and cry and you have great difficulty putting it down.

When I had completed the read, I didn't start another book for about 5 days, so as not to spoil the wonderful feeling which remained.

2. Robert

Robert Banned

Yeah, I loved this book too.

Cheers,
    Rob

3. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

It was really well done. In the entire text, there is only one contradiction that I saw, and it's a minor one. Considering how many problems there usually are when you have issues of causality and time travel, that's a phenomenal job.

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

This was a great read. High literature no, but extremely readable yes. I loved the idea and it was well thought out. From initial excitement in a 'gift' to tragic demise of 'disease'.
    Middle-brow holiday / beach read, highly recommended.

5. Traci

Traci New Member

I have mixed emotions about this book, but I can't place exactly why. I like the concept a lot and thought that the author did a very good job of keeping track of things, but there were sections that added little to no substance to the entire story and I kept waiting for them to tie in, but they never did.

I did respond to it emotionally, but it just seemed a little to contrived for my taste. I agree with it being a beach read.