Do Burglars Write Letters?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

It's also quite punny, considering the thread. =)

Question: How do you strike out a word on this forum? I've tried to find the button for it, but I can't. Do I have to manually put in the command?

2. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

Edit: My first double-post of the forum. I feel like I've gone through some sort of initiation.

3. Cacian

Cacian Banned

not to me.
    I do not get the idea of writing a word then corssing it out..it might to you.
    It isn't to me.
    Please don't assume that everyone thinks the same.
    I thought this was be obvious to everyone,obviously I am being proved wrong here.

4. Cacian

Cacian Banned

and THAT is your representation of sarcasm??!!
    my word I must catch up on this.
    sorry I am not being rude or funny but THAT is anyhting but sarcasm.
    This thread is suppose to bring people together to debate something that is important to me ,maybe not to you, but it seems to have turned into some kind I am wrong and you are right.
    I still stand with what I said.
    The whole if this thread is to bring attention to anyone who is intersted, that no matter what the Law or the Criminal Justice get up with regards to kids, is totally misguided and lacks damn right judgement.
    I will not put up a thread to attack or put down a child, but I will put up a thread to point out the failures of adults who carry on in the same route of ignorance and intolerance with regards to children.
    You have to bear in mind that these children are the future and if this sytem, which is failing, does not get to grips with what they are doing then I am afraid this society is doomed.
    Please do not take this thread as personal attack on your or your views.
    I started this thread because I felt that something is badly wrong and needs to be addressed,
    and all the time whilst I am taking time and effort to post materials of importance to me and hopefully to others, I do and always will, take side and defend children because no matter how wrong or badly behaved they are, they know no better and the sooner society leanrs that the better for it.

5. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

First, reread my post. It's SIMILAR to sarcasm. Again, you need to know what things mean. And as FoxPaw said, considering the thread, it's somewhat ironic.

Second, reread what I bolded in your post. It needs to be "addressed"? This is a writing forum. We don't "address" issues. We can talk about them, but we're not a government. We can't pass legislation. Bring it up with whatever parliament is necessary if you want to "address" issues.

Third, reread the second part of what I bolded in your post. The criminal was sixteen years of age. He's NOT a child. He DOES know better. If we were talking about a 10 or 12 year old, I'd understand your viewpoint almost completely, but we're talking about a teenager. He's almost a man. So yeah, this is a case of you being wrong. In fact, I can't think of a single country that would agree with you on the point of a 16 year old.

6. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Well cruciFiction I think I am just about thinking that you and I are not going to see eye to eye.
    So be it.
    A writer is not just about stories or novels.
    A writer is about debates, thinking, researching ,understanding the environment they found themselves in and enjoying new ideas and differences in order to project intelligent writing.
    A writer does not pass judgement or ignore that someone's else migh thave different idea.
    This is a writing forum and writing is about MANY forms and topics not just fiction or non fiction.
    Debate is a type of writing I enjoy and this is exactly what I am doing.

7. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

This thread is going absolutely nowhere, and trying to follow it is giving me a headache...

Time to put it to an end, methinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.