Tags:
  1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The Bubbly Reader

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leaka, Dec 28, 2008.

[I have no clue where to put this, but I am putting it here. Hope the mods don't get upset by this either.]

Okay first off you are guys are probably what the heck with the title.
    The Bubbly Reader is the name of the newspaper.
    I thought it would be fun if we all came together and made articles and this could be WFs um...user created newspaper with oddities and realities. I would update it daily, but you can just pop in whenever you want and write an article.
    We can have interviews as well.
    The articles can be about real life or you can make up a strange event that happened in some strange world. And the articles can be short or long doesn't matter.
    This is The Bubbly Reader.
    But first, is anyone interested or does anyone like the sound of this?

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

There were plans for a WF e-zine a while back but they...well, stalled and died really.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Well I just wanted there to be something that people could read and laugh about.
    Not really anything super serious or anything.
    It would be those I'm having a bad day, oh look the Bubbly Reader is updated.
    I just want to put a smile on people's faces.
    And its me, I'd truly update it every day even if no one else was interested.

4. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Could random facts go into this paper? :D

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Yes, if you want to put down some weird or random facts in you can.

6. lessa

lessa New Member

weird random fact.
    It rained on boxing day 2008 in Marathon.
    North shore of Lake Superior.
    It has never been warm enough to rain in Dec. in
    the 23 years we have lived here.
    Then it froze the next day so we have a sheet
    of ice over the entire town.
    Lots of fun

7. Ti Odio E Ti Amo

Ti Odio E Ti Amo New Member

Gingerbread Man will be trialed for breaking Mr. Big Bad Wolf's finger after a construction incident last Sunday. Wolf states that he is suffering from a broken finger and a broken heart. Man claimed that Wolf is making up the story and faking the injury just as his white frosting button fell onto the floor; but Wolf's lawyer, Mr. Jack Frost, has gotten the medical documents approved for evidence. "It's not everyday that a client gets hit with a gingerbread roof," Frost comments. "Nonetheless from THE Gingerbread Man." The scene of the crime has been secured off, and investigators are still searching for evidence for Man's innocence. If you have any infornmation please call 1-can-dyc-anes and report what you've seen or heard. Man's lawyer, Third Little Pig, said firmly, "Mr. Gingerbread Man will not accept any pleas for an autograph until the trial is finished."

Few! *Wipes forehead* Well that was really fun to make :D Sorry if something is wrong or doesn't make sense, I don't actually know anything about courts lol

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Thanks for the addition Ti Odio....it was funny]

Tuesday, December 30th, 2008

Santa Sued for Putting Coal in Stocking
    On recent news it appears a child, Penny Chaser, is sueing Santa for putting coal in her stocking.
    "She was on my naughty list," Santa says to police.
    Santa is now in North Pole County Jail were he is to be held until he is summoned to court. Penny Chaser lives in North Pole lane and she explains clearly to the press, "I was trying to be really good,"
    Penny chaser then gave us a clear description of her daily ritual on December. We asked dear Penny if she was good the whole year.
    She responds diligently, "Everyone does something naughty now and then,"
    We will have more on this story when this snow storm scheme clears up. Right now it seemingly a little frosty.
    More to come....

9. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Oh darn...saw "bubbly" and hoped for free champagne!

10. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

The WF ghost strikes again!

This is Frank Lee Belated with the WF Quarterly. As usual, my quarterly edition is full of behind the times topics ranging from Why Does A Certain British Moderator seems to be so charming with the ladies, (is it the smile or the eyes?) to oh crap, my story got locked by our bold one of Deep Thought.

In the news today that happened yesterday--or was it that day before that? Anyway, in a brazen attempt to take over WF by a hacker, or disgruntled spammer--who really knows? Mass deletion of delectable diatribe was deliberately excised from the main memory banks of the server of unknown local.

Despite exhaustive attempts on the parts of our Moderation crew to locate our fearless leader, (Who was reported to have last been seen tracking wildebeests while on safari) nearly half of our newest members ceased to exist entirely.

Some of the survivors are reportedly straggling back into the New Member Introductions to restore their dubious identities though. So a happy ending to trying times.

In the next issue of the Quarterly, we will deal with the issues at hand concerning the arrest of Cogito in the suspicious death of a serial spammer. Allegedly, he wrote a virus that followed the IP of the unsuspecting idiot resulting in the meltdown and explosion of said morons hard drive...