1. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island

Do I really, really have to do this...?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vaughan Quincey, Feb 13, 2020.

... Tastes to me like spinachs (actually no, erase that, I do like spinachs).

I've joined because some other place I won't mention bored me to death in two days. I'm an old cat above 30s who grew up loving forums and IRC, and yes I have written things and all that... And I still do,as you might have guessed.

To describe my work is like trying to describe myself. Since I am the most interesting person in this world, the mere exposition of my characters, stories and concepts would make you laugh, cry, rethink your whole life (past, present and future), and of course write to the Nobel's people a single sheet with my name on it, written on a real quill with real ink, and of course with amazingly beautiful caligraphy, which you (of course!) must have learned from an illuminated monk from Tibet who ate the very last of the Phoenix's bird eggs... YES, it is THAT great, so... Love me, and we'll share together something beautiful : I love myself too.

Have a good Morning/Evening/Night/Hallucinogenic Experience... And thank you for chewing with me this bunch of spinachs. Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Vaughan.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Alan Aspie, Seven Crowns and Some Guy like this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Just, wow. You're almost as full-of-it as I am! Welcome indeed! :supergrin:

Hop in the pot, and add some flavor. We'll throw our alphabet soup on the wall and copy down what sticks! :write:

Xoic likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Vaughan! I'm one of the forum moderators here, and unless I'm having spinach or a hallucination, I believe you just gave us a New Member Introduction—which no, you didn't have to do, but you did. So I will reply by saying 'welcome to the forum.'

You seem confident that you are on the right track for yourself, and that writing is something you feel compelled to do in addition to earning a living—but you also seem to have an attitude towards your writing that's playful and fun (for you and hopefully for your readers as well.) That's fantastic. Your style is more experimental than the style of somebody who is diligently writing for publication, come hell or high water. That makes you interesting as well. Volatile, perhaps, incomprehensible at times? :) But interesting. You've already made your mark. I see you've also made quite a few posts around the forum as well, so our members will get to know you quite quickly.

As you're finding your feet and settling in, please do read these two links. They are important, because they will let you know how we operate, what we have to offer and what our boundaries are.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

Here are a couple of other links which you might find helpful:

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/
    This is a site map, which will give you quick access to all areas of the forum/

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/
    As the New Member Start Guide makes clear, if you want to post your work here for feedback, you also must do critiques of other people's work. Two critiques for one posting of your own is our ratio, and the 2:1 ratio exists as long as you are a member here. This link gives you an idea of how our critiques work.

https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/
    We have three ongoing contests most of the time: Short Stories, Poetry and Flash Fiction. Feel free to read the entries and vote. You can also enter any of the open contests as a brand-new member, if you want. We encourage both. It's important to the people who enter the contests to get votes, or at least to get read. So that's an excellent place to start. It will give you an idea of what our membership likes to write. Entries are anonymous until the voting is done, but after that the identity of the writers is made clear. So it will give you an idea of who writes what, and their personal style.

Anyway, if you have any problems getting settled, don't hesitate to ask me for help. Just click my owl avatar, 'start a conversation' with me, and I'll do my best to help.

Have fun getting settled in. (I think you already are! :) ) And I'll see you around the threads.

Cheers for now,
    Jan

4. Vaughan Quincey

Is that guy still around?

Thank you. In spite of the spinachs, I've never get kicked out from any forum or IRC channel. Honest. But I'll navigate through your rules anyways.
    I'd like to propose a new tag too, because come on, it's 2020 and human rights are a thing nowadays.

Thank you both from the bottom of my boot, where I never keep anyone alive against his or her will, be it animal, human-animal or vegetal (*cough, cough*).

PS: If you'd like to take a look at the free candy I keep on my car's boot, feel free to PM me.

5. Some Guy

Have you met Wooly, perchance?

6. Vaughan Quincey

He never met me.

7. Some Guy

"Wil Rogers never met L. Ron Hubbard!" - Jerry Lewis