1. Dee_in_Between

Dee_in_Between New Member

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dee_in_Between, Feb 24, 2016.

My name is Dee and I'm currently fighting with myself to get some work done! I started my novel as a NaNoWriMo piece and didn't finish in time but I loved it too much to let the story go. The problem is, I get easily discouraged once I actually start working on a chapter. I'm hoping having others to show my work to and get feedback from will help keep me motivated to move forward.

It's also my hope that through working with others I can refine my skills and (somehow) help others do the same.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Dee, and welcome to the forum. :)

Well, one of the best ways to learn is to start critiquing other people's writing. It just so happens that we have an awesome writing workshop where writers can help each other to refine their skills. ;)

Here's also our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome. I hope you finish your story. I know I have a bit of a problem with finishing my stuff too. I feel you. Just keep going. It's really as simple as that. Bring your mind to it every-now and then. Even just going over and over already decided details in your head can inspire you with where to go next. I know that has helped with my main WIP.

4. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello and welcome, I have been struggling with not getting much done myself. a full time job and a never resting 2 year old help me out there.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

After the "miracle" of childbirth, it only goes downhill. Wait until they turn into a 17 year-old. :twisted::twisted: