Do people really read that?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Malina, Feb 10, 2017.

1. SandCat

SandCat New Member

Hey Malina! Welcome! :)

I couldn't resist jumping into a discussion about those wonderful furry creatures. I'm a cat addict. I have a Siamese and a ginger tabby.

Yes I agree! They're really intelligent. The ginger tabby, Whiskey, is probably more intelligent than some humans out there. I can spend hours just watching him think and contemplate the world around him. It's hard to explain, but you can literally see him thinking. It's fascinating.
    They are a bit self-conscious, and they definitely have feelings. Sometimes he misjudges a step or something (or I accidentally pull away the thing he's trying to jump on as he's mid-jump...) and he slips or falls and I laugh, he gets quite upset. I can't help myself sometimes, it's really funny. Right now I'm laughing at the memory of when he was jumping onto one of our barstools in the kitchen and I pulled it away (unintentionally - I wasn't really thinking), so I just saw these claws desperately slide off the side. Shame.

Malina likes this.
  2. Malina

Malina Member

Yes, I know what you mean. It's almost scary how humane pets are at times.
    The talk about pets escalated quickly. Who doesn't love those fur balls?

3. SandCat

SandCat New Member

Have you ever felt - and this will sound really weird - that a cat almost learns your behaviour? For example, the Siamese is very much my baby and she's, well, a cat version of me. It's almost like she's picked up on my mannerisms and personality. Or maybe it's just because she and I are very alike. xD

4. Malina

Malina Member

A thousand times yes. I'm glad I'm not the only one that relates to a cat on such personal level. It does sound crazy, but animals are really smarter than we give them credit for? And actually, my cat also picks up behaviour from my dog too. When he goes down the stairs you can hear it on the other side of the house. A cat. Tiny, slim kitten walks loud as a huge buffy dog. It happens a lot with mannerism.

5. SandCat

SandCat New Member

They definitely are. There's a reason why I get so irritated with people who don't think highly of animals. To be fair, cats are my one and only love (dogs are nice when they're not slobbering all over you), but I still think it's very important to respect and appreciate what incredible creatures they are.

Malina likes this.
  6. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

It's not just pets, my parents live in the countryside and, especially in the summer, they'll get all kinds of visitors who have learned when no one is home or will come out unexpectedly. We found out because my Dad installed a camera system and the local red deer love to munch on Mum's garden.

Malina likes this.
  7. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

One of the most moving moments of the entire series for me, is when Harry, Hermione and Ron go to Luna's house in Deathly Hollows, to ask her father about the Hollows. The trio go up to Luna's empty room while Xenophilius is in the kitchen, and notice the hand-painted pictures of themselves, Ginny and Neville hung on the ceiling with 'the words "friends...friends...friends" in a gold chain, linking the pictures together'.

I always tear up at this part.

Malina likes this.
  8. Malina

Malina Member

Luna is truly precious, her whole story in Deadly Hallows makes me emotional

Fernando.C likes this.
  9. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

She really is. I'd love to read a whole novel from her POV.

Malina likes this.